cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone going to Sturgis

Semperfi_66
Explorer
Explorer
This will be my 8th time, usually I ride there but this time taking the 5th wheel. I had 3 nights booked in deadwood at the Hilton but decided I could stay at Glencoe Campground for two weeks for the same price. Leaving in the morning.
2016 Open Range 3X349 RLS
620 Watt Solar
2000 Inverter
2 8D Gell Cells
2016 Ram 3500 4X4 6.7 Cummins
HD Direct TV
Onan 5500 Generator

2016 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 Can Am Commander Limited Side by Side

Patriot Guard Rider
15 REPLIES 15

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
Yeah, South Dakota in August can be fierce. Stopped for gas in Spearfish for the first time back in 1973 on a '71 Triumph Bonneville, and it was 109 in the shade. But I did learn my lesson, never been back in high summer.

I hear ya! In "70" I had to pull the primary on my "68" BSA due to a slipping clutch. That was off the side of the road, it was HOT!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving in the morning! Actually staying in Hill City (Rafter J).
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, South Dakota in August can be fierce. Stopped for gas in Spearfish for the first time back in 1973 on a '71 Triumph Bonneville, and it was 109 in the shade. But I did learn my lesson, never been back in high summer.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Semperfi_66
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
johntank wrote:
Would like to be going just not in the cards for me now and don't let the nice names you might be called because you trailered you bike there get you down.
That probably doesn't happen so much anymore since it may have reached the point where the bikes trailered in outnumber the bikes ridden in. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cant afford to stay in a Hotel at Over $500 a night or camp in a tent (Done that) when its 100 degrees. I will do more riding taking off in a different direction every day.
620 Watt Solar
2000 Inverter
2 8D Gell Cells
HD Direct TV
Onan 5500 Generator

Patriot Guard Rider

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
That is how they get around when buying a Harley.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
johntank wrote:
Would like to be going just not in the cards for me now and don't let the nice names you might be called because you trailered you bike there get you down.
That probably doesn't happen so much anymore since it may have reached the point where the bikes trailered in outnumber the bikes ridden in. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
Semperfi 66 wrote:
This will be my 8th time, usually I ride there but this time taking the 5th wheel. I had 3 nights booked in deadwood at the Hilton but decided I could stay at Glencoe Campground for two weeks for the same price. Leaving in the morning.

Semperfi_66
Explorer
Explorer
mitw44 wrote:
Sounds like a great trip! How will you take your motorcycle with you?

Double tow. Trailer with Harley on it behind 5th wheel.
620 Watt Solar
2000 Inverter
2 8D Gell Cells
HD Direct TV
Onan 5500 Generator

Patriot Guard Rider

mitw44
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a great trip! How will you take your motorcycle with you?
2009 F 250 XLT SC 4x4 3.73 LS 5.4L V8
2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171 RBXL

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
I will be two weeks behind you. We lived there for 9 years. This time we are going for a reunion 30 1/2 years after I retired. Have a great time and be safe.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II

Anyone going to Sturgis? Sounds like you are and 299,999 others. Have a good time. It is not for everyone who owns a motorcycle but since you have been there before seven times you know what you are going to experience.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
Much better place to visit after all the cruisers have left and then you can really enjoy riding the roads.
And get free electricity at any of several parking lots in town.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Semperfi 66 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Never in a million years. I like the Black Hills, I love motorcycles, and they have some nice riding, but I've never had any desire to drive several hundred miles to sit in traffic. Just not my idea of fun. Much better place to visit after all the cruisers have left and then you can really enjoy riding the roads.

Driving your 5th wheel to a motorcycle rally? ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess you didn't read the post I asked who is going not who is not going. As I said I can ride the Black Hills for two weeks instead of 2 days.
Yeah, I did really and you didn't ask "Who is going", in actuality you posted "Anyone going to Sturgis", which I assumed to be a question since there was no punctuation. Either "Yes" or "No" would be a proper response. I replied "No, I'm not going to Sturgis".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Semperfi_66
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Never in a million years. I like the Black Hills, I love motorcycles, and they have some nice riding, but I've never had any desire to drive several hundred miles to sit in traffic. Just not my idea of fun. Much better place to visit after all the cruisers have left and then you can really enjoy riding the roads.

Driving your 5th wheel to a motorcycle rally? ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess you didn't read the post I asked who is going not who is not going. As I said I can ride the Black Hills for two weeks instead of 2 days.
620 Watt Solar
2000 Inverter
2 8D Gell Cells
HD Direct TV
Onan 5500 Generator

Patriot Guard Rider