cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

? Atomic Beam Motion-Sensor Light

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
DW got one of these at WM thinking it'd be a good addition to the RV. I suspect she's right (as usual) but have a couple of questions.

Is the light so bright it's going to wake up the neighbors whenever a skunk or coon walks by it in the middle of the night?

And how does the stickum hold up to traveling?

9 REPLIES 9

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you walk in front of the "Atomic Beam" do you get vaporized ?

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
You can badmouth this type of stuff. But occasionally you do get decent products. I saw the little Bell and Howell battery lanterns back before x-mas. Didn't buy one until the local Helmart had them in January, for $4. Instead of the $19.99 plus s&h.
We have used it twice for power failures and one evening in a state park, and it has done well.
Not everything on TV is for real, but don't summarily dismiss them all either.

I've had good luck with battery or rechargeable ones but not the solar stuff.
bumpy

yup, me as well. i bought two 'Atomic Lanterns' and they are as advertised. a rarity for 'As Seen On TV' products.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
You can badmouth this type of stuff. But occasionally you do get decent products. I saw the little Bell and Howell battery lanterns back before x-mas. Didn't buy one until the local Helmart had them in January, for $4. Instead of the $19.99 plus s&h.
We have used it twice for power failures and one evening in a state park, and it has done well.

I've had good luck with battery or rechargeable ones but not the solar stuff.
bumpy

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer
You may have issues if you leave it on your trailer going down the road. Not sure if clear lights are legal except headlights. If it were me I would buy some good Velcro and put it on after you park. If you donโ€™t mind, would you follow up with a review after you use it for a night or two?

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
I'm shocked she did not come home with a pair of them, just had to pay an additional fee, equal to the original price lol.:B What a piece of junk.

I bet they will sell you a third one for only $19.95.
I have had several of this type of light and they all quit fairly soon.
bumpy

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
You can look at Horrible freight Harbor freight or the one your wife bought from Helmart.
Neither gives any real specs on light or battery size. Hard to say which is worse.

I do know that because of the remote light and sensor, the COE here on Kerr lake is using the Horrible freight 36 led model to light the pit toilets. And they seem to be holding up.

yeah but they're not bouncing down American highways. I'm frankly amazed that our RVs hold together as well aa they do.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
You can look at Horrible freight Harbor freight or the one your wife bought from Helmart.
Neither gives any real specs on light or battery size. Hard to say which is worse.

I do know that because of the remote light and sensor, the COE here on Kerr lake is using the Horrible freight 36 led model to light the pit toilets. And they seem to be holding up.