RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Just a reminder..... Propane tank.....

Almost all here are aware of this... and, I was at one pointin my life cycle, but I have slept since then....Purchased a new propane tank (unfilled) at Sam's Club... in myzest I removed the paper wrapping from the shell, and a sticker...thankfully re...

cdlaine by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Informal survey supp brakes

We are on an extended 3 month trip and I have decided to keep track of the percentage of class a toad haulers using supplemental breaking systems while walking the dogs in campgrounds. After a week it appears to be only one in three use supplemental ...

Solving an age-old beer dilemma...

Like most of you, I'm sure, I"ve been trying to conjure up a way to bring kegged homebrew with me on camping trips. Particularly to race-camping trips where 24/7 electricity might not be available. Here's what I've come up with.First - I bought two...

Welcome to redneck America

Just as we were pulling out of DeGray Lake SP campground we passed a couple cleaning fish at their site. The guy had a bass hung on the lantern hook and was gutting it onto the ground. The woman had another bass on the picnic table trying to kill i...

Trlrboy by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Hubby went crazy!

YuP! He went and painted our Mega Cab to match the toyhauler.At first I was NO WAY---then I realized he wanted it so badly, had the bucks to pay cash for the job and at that point, I let him have at it CRAZY to the max but he is thrilled with it. I...

Girard Tankless Water Heater No Longer Recommend

If you are familiar with my posts you may remember that we recently sold our old rig and bought a new one. On the old rig we installed a Girard tankless water heater years ago and used/ enjoyed it immensely. The new rig had a standard Atwood DSI unit...

tsetsaf by Explorer III
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

best credit card discounts

Am heading West for two months of vacation with my 2012 F350 towing my Ketstone Rapture toy hauler. With the high prices of fuel I was looking for some recomendations on credit cards that offer the best cash back or discounts at the pump. Thank you!

schl44 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Running single rig AC unit on a 20amp circuit.

My RV is a 1994 33' Holiday Rambler. I have a question about running my rigs AC (single unit only). It’s been hot here in the Crater Lake area and I’d like to run my AC, my concern is that my 30amp service is hooked up to 20amp service via a 20/30amp...

It just feels wrong

We went camping last week testing out the new solar, inverter and the toys they will run. We were talking about them when Honey gets excited and starts digging through a storage that hasn't seen light since we got the trailer. Pretty soon I hear "wil...

Place in Havasu to install baseplate on Jeep

I'm considering buying my buddys 13 Jeep Wrangler for a TOAD. He is in Lake Havasu until next week and I need it ready to be towed a few days after he gets back.Does anyone know of a reliable place to install a Blue Ox base plate and wire the Jeep so...

Update on our fix

A while ago I posted about issues we have had with our 2011 TT. We picked our TT up today. We bought it new in july 2012. There were the usual little things to fix all were. Except....we had a leak coming from under the slide. They took it up twice ...

Humidistat ?

Has anyone installed a humidistat in their RV? It is a fairly common practice in areas of high temperature and humidity to install a humidistat in-line with the AC thermostat of a residence that is left vacant during the summer. This only runs the...