RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Spare Tyre

After changing the front tires on my class A, I was advised to keep a spare for emergencies. Is this necessary? It takes up a lot of room. If I get a blow out an am assisted by Goodsam roadside assistance, Do they bring a new tire or tow me to suit...

bertofbc by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Length of MH Restriction??

We are thinking of getting a 43' tag motorhome to fulltime in. Will there be issues with volunteer or workamping with this long of a MH?

New Board. New Thermister. Still Freezing

Hi Everyone and "Thanks" in advance. I have a Dometic RM 2652 fridge, about 10 years old that keeps freezing everything solid. Temp drops to about 20 degrees(F) and sometimes colder until I shut it off. Even after I shut the on/off button off at the ...

New proposed Gas tax

THIS WILL EFFECT ALL OF US.Be advised, Senator Corker from Tennessee, and Senator Chris Murphy from Connecticut have proposed a new gas tax that will bring prices up 12 cents per gallon on gas and 24 cents on diesel fuel. I'm not sure what others wil...

Llmk100 by Explorer
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes

An uneventful (for a change) relocation journey

Hi all y’all, I finally had an uneventful relocation journey. It was only 500 miles, however, seeing as how my entire Grand Western North American Tour is a shakedown trip in my 20 year old formerly used and abused Holiday Rambler, the trip up I-5 fr...

Our Favorite Family Hikes

My wife Stephanie and I recently published an article on the Jayco Journal about our four favorite family hikes. I thought some of our forum friends might find it interesting.http://blog.jayco.comJust curious--what are your all-time favorite family ...

Fresh water tank drain valve broke off

When I just went out to try to drain & sanitize the FW tank the turn valve broke off in my hand. I managed to turn the valve open with pliers but I'd like to replace it. I'm sure I can get what I need at HD but I need to know how to get the old valve...

shrinkage

My 8 year old awning has shrunk a lot: it has lost almost a foot of its 16 foot width. To the point where awning deflappers can't be used because the straps aren't long enough to reach around the support pole.(I could of course extend the straps but ...

battery charging

I thought I'd like to buy the predator generator sold at Harbor freight to charge my trailer battery when camping at a non electric site. It's only $110. The only outlet on the unit is a standard plug receiver on one side. I'm wondering what is the b...

Keystone warranty frustration

We just bought a new Fuzion 404 in Colorado a month and a half ago, and already have a non-working rear AC, a window that fell out en route, and doors that fly open in the lovely Kansas wind. Oh, and a lost set of keys due to the doors flying open! ...

CHBurris by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Dinghy Towing

I want to use my 2010 Honda Accord, auto tran. as a Toad. A Remco printout says follow "Emergency Towing" procedures and it will be fine. Motorhome 2010 Dinghy Guide doesn't list the Accord. Has anyone actually use the 2010 Accord as a Toad and we...

Royal24 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sway Bar came loose

A couple of times now, I have had a problem where the sway bar came disconnected while I was driving. The pin that holds it at the A frame end fell off, and that end of the sway bar has hanging loose.The first time, there was no problem driving, I di...

waynefi by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Jury duty summons while on a long trip

The DW and I are planning on a long 2-4 month cross country trip after we retire. Any suggestions as to what to do if a jury summons comes? Our daugther or a neighbor will be collecting our mail. I have email notification on almost all major bills...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes