RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Camp Host Needed

We are looking to fill a camp host position at Cottonwood campground. The Frenchman lake complex is located 35 miles from Reno Nevada on the California side of the border. The position is a paid position of 40 hour a week and we supply your site, wat...

prier5 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello Mister Dummy!!

OK – Let’s start with the facts and set the scene:1-He ‘thinks’ he is an ‘experienced’ MoHo owner with 3 gassers and a ‘new to me’ diesel pusher – about 15 years of getting the various rigs around the continent – including Alaska and Mexico.2-On ever...

ccxnola by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

windshield trauma

Anyone have a a windshield crack going over speed bumps in an RV park? I've never seen speed bumps inside an rv park until we visited here in S. Austin. These things are (measured) six inches tall. We had to negotiate a 90 degree turn with very littl...

black tank blocked

when in Yuma last winter I learned a lesson and boy I don't want to do that again. I went out to empty the back tank and pulled the handle. every thing was going fine until DW called me to tell me something and BANG a senior moment. I forgot the c...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

DC fans reversed

I just realized today that the 12vDC fan for the stove hood and the bathroom vent are running backwards. These are the small cheap DC motors. However, the blower for the heater is running correctly.I guess I can reverse the wiring but I'd sure like...

Refrigerator problem solved

After my last trip, I put all the rest of my bottles of water in the refrigerator to store them. There were too many crammed into the top shelf. That prevented the fridge from cooling down right. I moved them about 15 minutes ago, and the temperature...

Fleas

Now here's an idea!!!----------- Homemade Flea Trap Using Soap and Light:Some of the most effective “traps” for killing insects are made with ingredients already in your home. Since fleas are attracted to light, this trap is simple and inexpensive en...

Milwaukee M12 12v Grease Gun

Found ours on eBay for $185 but this site has some reviews as well for the gun.For one reason or another all three of our grease guns have issues. I looked a professional versions of hand grease guns but they ran $50-$100 . As I get older the more I ...

Buying an RV on Craig's List

There are no doubt honest people that advertise on Craig's List. But, we are talking a lot of money to purchase a rig and anything can happen from a stolen vehicle to a false title. Then, you are out $30-$60000. Can someone with experience give some ...

Bluedog by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator: Any good reason to choose Honda over Yamaha

I probably am going to try and do without AC when not at camp but I want to be ready if I realize that it's not working.Most people seem to do 2xHonda 2000. About 2000$ for the setup.Some do 1xHonda 3000. Abut 2000$ too. Heavy and 2" too high to fit ...

Interesting Article on RVers & RV Parks

Maybe not the best summer read on the beach, but here's a couple of quotes from the article:Greenhouse gas accounting confirms that actual RV travel creates a lower carbon footprint than comparable air/drive/hotel vacations.Fuel prices would have to ...

Bugs of the front cap.

How do you gets bugs of the front cap? I scrubbed and scrubbed and tried a wet dryer sheet but nothing seemed to work. The bugs came off but there are stains from there guts.

Scott_85 by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Natures Power PowerBank

I just received an email from CW on this device. It charges on AC, has two USB ports and will charge most devices like phones, tablets and gps unites.Has anyone used something like this?

RollandB by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes