RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Can a 2004-2007 Chevy Aveo be flat towed?

Hello all, I'm thinking on buying a 2004-2007 Chevy Aveo with 5 Speed Manual Transmission. My biggest concern is if it is capable to be towed with 4 tires down. I've checked REMCO website and they sell baseplates for this car and they say:"Towable as...

fvidania by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

insurance

Looking for some good insurance when we go fulltiming it. Looking for comments on what is a good one - both in price and in claims.Need health insurance and for the rv and car. Thanks

shawano by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Length advice for newbie

We are rv virgins seeking toy hauler. Having difficulty locating good smaller haulers. We are concerned about maneuverability of a 24' or 28' hauler. We have an F250 diesel and are thinking the truck canhandle it. Any advice re jumping in with a l...

New stuff that really works well....

Just returned from a short trip up to Apache Junction. This was my first opportunity to field test my four newest improvements. The new Max Air Turbo Max vent on the rear hatch and the Max Air hatch cover on the forward hatch work great. Very quie...

Keeping stuff from sliding on countertop?

Hi everyone. We just got our Flagstaff Shamrock Hybrid. It has a huge kitchen counter. Does anyone have a great idea for keeping things from sliding around while in transit? Like a small coffee maker or canisters? I was thinking maybe velcro sti...

carrying a kayak on top of a PU cap.

Anyone have a Kayak carrier bolted into the fiberglass cap of your truck. I know I can buy one of those sponge deals and tie the kayak down that way, but I would rather have a carrier made for this purpose instead.

Any wet firewood tricks?

Any tricks to dry out wet (as in damp from rain, not green) firewood? We typically use the dryer pieces and stack the wetter ones around the outside of the fire ring so they can start to dry a bit as the fire is going on. I'd love to know about oth...

LORAD Sirens

According to Road and Track Missouri, is going to deploy 43, I think, Military grade LORAD sirens around the state. thee article alludes to around construction zones.the things are not sirens but weapons. they say they will hold down the decibels to ...

Welded WD hitch

Friends with welding equipment is a great thing.I have a '13 F15 4x4 8'box, extended cab. I am towing a '75 21' Terry travel trailer, tandem axle.The trailer came with a WD hitch set up. However it was welded to a bar. When I put it on, the hitch wou...

slide out parts

My 2000 r-vision trail harbor lite travel trailer slider motor is shot, I have no numbers or brand names to go on. Because r-vision has changed ownership several times , replacement parts have become impossible to find. Any info or advise would be gr...

walmart

Hi all...need to spend the nite on the road tomorrow...have allstays wallmart onp app...every walmart in knoxville area that allstays says is ok tells me either they dont have a policy or not ok...but they will add that people do it all the time...is...

boingram by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Loose tire

We were coming home on Monday 4/14, from a Florida trip and were traveling north on a frontage road in Lumberton, NC getting ready to enter a campground for an over-nite stop when a tire from a truck going south on I 95 came loose and bounced over a ...

jules6 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Acme Tow Dolly

Has anyone had experience, good or bad, with using a ACME Tow Dolly with surge brakes? I am considering purchasing one for my Class B+ to tow about 4000 lbs.Thank youRonMoved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.

Unity by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

BLACK A/C SHROUD

Why get a Black RV A/C shroud instead of a white one? Seems the black one would get hotter. Is there a reason other than color?

jdog by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Want to get Air Lift Bags

Looking to add air lift bags on my Ford F250 for towing our new fifth wheel which will be heavier than our current one. Someone recommended Air Lift-Wireless 1 which has a remote control. Seems very expensive. Maybe would not need the remote? Any...