RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Which way to go?

Want to go boondocking next week. I have never had my rig up any significant hill before and I am a bit uneasy. TV 2013 Ram 1500 5.7, Trailer is a Jayco 23b Htt weighing just under 5000. I have choice of two roads, both winding town roads. One c...

pitch by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Ox Tow Bar Not locking

On this last trip, I am having difficulty with the right bar locking. I have to pull it by hand to lock while someone else is inching forward. If I was by myself, I would be stuck. Anyone else have difficulty with this? Any advise?

Rv Cover use with Solar Question

Hello all,For starters I am not putting the rig away for the year yet, but eventually I am going to have to. Probably next year we are going to purchase the metal carport style to park under, but the cash flow just aint there to purchase now. So, tha...

E_mc2 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

What type of caulking to use

Our MH has what looks like body side moldings on the outside. I replaced the the caulking with 100% silicon but in about 2 months the caulking attracted dirt and does not have the clean look I was looking for. I tried to use a cleaner to scrub off t...

Skipg by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Support Chat Service

As we travel around this great country, I find ourselves in areas of poor coverage for our cell telephone. Combine that with my advancing age, and decreased hearing ability, I find it difficult to speak on the phone.As a result I have started to use...

Had a Minor Stroke!

I'm in generally good health but I had a scare last Sunday morning. I was preparing breakfast when I suddenly started dropping things (spilled some tea). Then I found I couldn't operate the microwave properly and when attempting to speak a sentence i...

mr__ed by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Shadow Cruiser questions

I've been looking for a new camper since Sandy took my Pop up almost a year ago. I have a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder 4X4 and am looking to purchase a light TT that good for two adults. DW and I went to the Hershy Pa. show a few weeks back. There is not...

How do you pick the RV Parks you stay in ...

Hey Guys,This is probably a silly question but how do you pick the RV parks you choose to stay in while on the road?There are so many websites I am never quite sure which to look at? Is there a particular IPhone application any of you use?Save Travel...

Forum apparel

Last week someone posted a link for RV.Net apparel. I have tried every seach terms I can think of but can not find the link or post again. Does anyone know the link?

bob213 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Walk-up only

Hubby and I love taking our kids camping in the fall. However, there seem to be an abundance of state parks/ COE cg's that are "walk up only". We have one park nearby that is stringent with the rule that you have to be there with your camper on Frid...

Setting up WDH for new truck

I wanted to share my experience with following the sticky thread at the beginning of the "Towing" forum for setting up a WDH (http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17730894.cfm). The reason I needed to perform this procedure is tha...

mitw44 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes