RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Maine diesel $$$$$$

All campers coming north from New Hampshire fuel up before crossing into southern Maine. Diesel is $4.20 a gal. Once past Portland it drops to $3.78. State says they can charge anything they want.So the fuel up mid coast. Gouging?

bwanted by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

dumping fresh water question

I was wondering if there was a proper way to dump the fresh water left in the tank before leaving a campsite. I usually drain on site, but the father in law says not to do that. And he usually takes what is left home and dumps it. So question is wh...

first trip to scales

Rig setup is whats in sig.I went to scale friday morning before 3 night trip. Let me know what you all think.TruckFront axle- 4720Rear axle- 3860Gross truck- 8580TV and TT no WDFront axle- 4280Rear axle - 5340TT axles - 5580Gross TV and TT- 15200TT...

Weather -How to know if tornados are predicted?

We will soon be driving across that part of the US that's known as tornado alley. The recent tornadoes there make me wonder how I, as someone unfamiliar with the area, could know about a possible tornado warning?Do the locals get their info via regul...

GlennB by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip report and need a little pep talk...

Hey all, Just back from our Memorial Day camping trip. Left on Saturday, back here by 6 Monday. We have a 2013 Nomad Retro, which is quite short at 20 feet. It's alright for the 4 of us with 2 boys 8 and 6. We tow it with our Nissan Quest minivan, wh...

pk1023 by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Ox versus Equalizer

Does anyone out there have experience with the Blue Ox SwayPro Weight Distribution System with Sway Control and Trunnion Bars? I am trying to decide between the Equalizer and the Blue Ox to tow my travel trailer.Thank you,Mike

Big jump in gas prices in MI.

Just overnight prices for gas jumped 30 - 40 cents. It's now $4.10 -$4.15. Delivery issues we're told. The excuses are getting old. They need to come up with something better. To top it off our gov Kermit the frog wants to raise gas taxes to fix the ...

et2 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Just purchased a Weather Radio with S.A.M.E.; need help

Yesterday I posted a message titled "Weather -How to know if tornados are predicted?"You folks gave me lots of informative answers. Many of the answers suggested I get a Weather Radio with the S.A.M.E. feature.As a result of your replies: I am now th...

GlennB by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

M.S.R.P.

Contemplating trading to a M.H.What percentage is the norm off MSRP. Have heard from 15 - 30%.Currantly being offered 15% on what they are calling a "SUPERSAVER".Have not done any negotiations yet. This is on 2013 40' DP. In advance thank you !

Grey & Black Tank Condensation

I opened up the belly of the 5er enclosed with that plastic/cardboard type of material to replace a cable operated valve. The insulation was soaked and water laying on the plastic enclosure material. There was no odor to the water so I checked for ...

Water filters

I am thinking about using an inline water filter for our next season of camping. We currently drink bottled water. The question I have is how do you know when the filter has completed the filtering process and you need to purchase a new filter. I am ...

LVTOCMP by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

adding a charging line

Hey all..i was wondering if you would be able to help me. ive taken my trailer out the last couple of weekends and noticed my batteries are dead. i thought i had a charging line in place to charge them when i was traveling. my question is, how hard ...

tightening dump valve handle

My dump valve handles come through the frame and have a metal sleeve around the rod. When they are extended you can then see the actual rod the handle is attached to as it comes out past the sleeve. Is this the part that you can turn to tighten or lo...