RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tires & Shocks

I have a 2012 Honda Ridgeline and plan on towing a 2019 R-Pod that weights approximately 2967lbs. I am asking if certain tires and shocks can help with the towing. Also my old hitch was for larger and heavier TT and would like to change it. Any sug...

VincentL by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

RV "Coffee Table" Books

Coffee table not quite right term but can't think of a better off the cuff.Looking for RV & camping books, not guides or how-to, but books that you can pick up & put down, start & stop reading on any page. Got what I could find at Amazon: Camper & RV...

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing a 2008 Jeep Liberty 4x4

We are looking to buy a 2008 Jeep Liberty that has a different set up. Instead of a transfer case with a handle it has a light when you put it in four wheel drive. It has an N on it. Sorry it’s hard to explain. My question is can this vehicle be towe...

Steering Wheel Lock ??

We are replacing our dinghy and are considering a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus with the required 2-speed power unit. I am researching all aspects of towing it behind the MH. I have confirmed bracket is available, and tow wiring. I have read th...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

5th Wheel RV Cover removal and storage

This is the first year that I covered my 5th wheel to store it over the winter. I have a Goldline Cover by EEVELLE. The cover held up well and I only occasionally had to tighten the straps. I am only planning to cover over winter storage.My question ...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitch Cargo Carrier and Flat Towing

I am exploring the idea of a hitch cargo carrier of approx. 30" x 48" that would be inserted into the 2" 5000/500TW hitch on the back of my gas class A. It would need to carry a load of around 80 lbs. I am finding that manufacturers I have seen s...

fred42 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New Dealer Sales

Facebook is now being bombarded by RV dealer ads. How low will they go?

jdc1 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What To Tow?

I bought a motorhome and my plan was to buy a Jeep Wrangler and tow it. We are living in the motorhome full time and my plan was to do that for a few years and I would want something to drive around. But now with the Coronavirus problems I'm not sur...

TSD Fuel Card

Anyone use the TSD fuel card? Seems Pilot/FJ has suspended the great discount when using that card because of their relationship with Good Sam. Looks like the only thing you can now get at Pilot/FJ is their huge 8 cents a gallon discount on dieselThi...

RV Storage yard explosion in Calgary kills man

More sad new of another RV'er who lost his life. About 3 miles from from my home there is a storage yard I go to sometimes to pull a friends trailer in and out. Something went wrong there yesterday, an apparent propane explosion in a MH. RV completel...

Any one else afraid to travel right now ?

We winter in our little piece of tropical paradise in the Florida Keys and normally head back to our sticks and bricks place right around now. Our TT is permanent here. It takes us two or three nights to get home, and stay in motels on the way, but m...

Guy_Roan by Explorer
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes