RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Park Host position opening near N. Myrtle Beach

Position includes park cleanup, grounds maintenance, cleaning restrooms, guest services, pool maintenance, and help with special events. CarrollWoods RV Park is located at working vineyard only 20 minutes from both NC and SC beaches. 15 hour work we...

LED Light Fixtures

I'm considering changing SOME of the light fixtures in my MH to the LED type. I'm looking for recommendations from anybody who has any experience with this type of fixture. A couple questions off the top of my head; are the LED fixtures worth the cos...

Paul1944 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Checking Power Steering Pump

I have a 1995 Sidekick and the DW tells me that the power steering isn't so power. The shop I take the RV to has suggested flusing the system and replacing the pump. Both things seem pretty simple tasks and I know I can do it but how do I know the ...

eaz-lift hitch - do they wear out?

I have an Eaz-Lift hitch (1,200 lb. tongue weight) that was included with a used 1998 trailer that I purchased 7 years ago. I'm not sure how old the hitch is but it might have been new with the trailer (1998).Do they wear out? Are there parts that ...

eb145 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Ready Brute Elite or Ready Brake on 2013 Honda CRV

I have a 2013 Honda CRV setting up to tow behind my F53 gasser. I really wanted to go with the Ready Brute Elite tow bar which has the Ready Brake built into it.NSA's web site lists a company in San Leandro, Calif. as the closest installer ( a 40 min...

Wingspan by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

End user?

Just guessing, this class A's traveling days are over....Might be a pretty luxurious or at least comfy hunting camp, tho'...Jim, "When the chips are down, the buffalo's empty."

spray lube on hitch????

I have another question that has probably been beat to death but I can't get anythign to come up in my searches. Is it okay to use a dry silicone spray lube for my hitch ball and WD components? I've been using actual grease applied with a gun and t...

BigSur2 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

7 pin connector lock?

Not going to start a debate on the benefit of locking things, Lets just assume it will make me all warm and fuzzy..:) Anyhoo, does anyone know of a lock for the end of the 7 pin electrical connector? For me it would fulfill 2 objectives,l some added ...

Can my Toyota Tundra handle this trailer.

We are considering a new trailer and want to ensure our tow vehicle can handle it, the specifications for both follow:Tow Vehicle - 2000 Toyota Tundra 4x4 with the 4.7 v8 Specifications:· Maximum payload capacity of 1406lbs· Maximum towing capacity o...

4aSong by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Ladder Mounted Flag Safe?

For years we have used the ladder mounted flag pole that we purchased at camping world. It has worked well even though getting up on the ladder to mount it is getting more difficult to do. One night in Florida we had a very bad thunder storm with lig...

Portable Ice Maker

Looking for recommendations for a portable countertop ice maker? How noisy are they? Could it be kept outside the trailer? When I looked at the reviews, it seems that people either love them of hate them? Thanks so much for your advice.

DonCon by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Better Than Wood Blocks!

If you are tired of lugging around scraps of wood to level your RV, you can get a great deal on Lynx Levelers right now at Amazon.Amazon Lynx SaleAlso, if you like their Facebook page, you might win a set for free!These Lego-style blocks work great, ...

DanKirk by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes