RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best 6-Pin Location in Fascia ??

We are replacing our dinghy tow car with a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude. I will be installing the tow electrical with a 6-pin connector in the fascia somewhere, somehow.For those who have already done this, where and how is best to attach the connec...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Covid 19 high risk poll

How many people in your household who camp would be considered high risk for covid 19? Those 65 or older or those with health issues at any age or those with both.My household 2 and both high risk

bgum by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Thinking of replacing ASME propane tank

I have had a 1997 Xplorer 230XL since 2000 and will keep it as long as I can drive. The ASME tank is mounted underneath the passenger side. I scrape and paint it every year or two, but I am worried that it is not enough and it would be good to repl...

steveh27 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Anode's Rapid Demise

Fellow DRV owner has RAPID Anode deterioration, pic below is after just 9 months.He uses a standard blue Camco inline filter then "On the Go double Water Softener" then whole house filter. This seems CRAZY to me. I know my water at home base in WA ...

Register M/H in Calif

Buying a Motorhome Diesel Pusher from a az dealer that was registered in Canada . Made in America . Will I have any problems registering in Calif ? extra fee's etc ? Thank You so much

jblairh by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

What's happening with your summer gig?

Curious what people Were doing for the summer and what are you being told so far?I am sure most don't know what to tell you am curious..Hubby has maintenance job at Grand Tetons and we did get a call today to report a week later than original date.

advice on which towable vehicle

We have been looking and exploring different vehicles to tow behind our truck camper.We have come to the conclusion that an older Ford Ranger would work the best for us. We have found quite a few vehicles that will fit the bill, condition, mileage an...

Kudo's to Lippert Components

I've had my Grand Design 5th wheel for just over 13 months (1.5 months out of warranty).The Schwintek slide controller failed on the bedroom slide. I called Grand Design. They told me to start with Lippert and if unsuccessful, call them back.I call...

Walaby by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How come?

How come when we go on a two or three week trip the time flies by. Seems like in no time it's over and time to head home.But when I'm stuck at home for a week, it seems like months?I guess the biggest pain is cancelling long awaited reservations for ...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Which Roadside Assistance to select this year

It has come time to renew my Good Sam Roadside Assistance plan. However, you now have to pay $149.95 for their Platinum Plan to get coverage for a 5th wheel trailer. I noticed that our Texas AAA has a Premier Plan for $116.00 that seems to cover your...

Stationary camper roof repair advice...

A little bit of information before asking my question...I purchased an older 30' pull behind camper to be used as a "hunting/weekend cabin". The camper will eventually (hopefully in the next 1-2 yrs) have a permanent cover/carport with either asphal...

ddndoug by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Quarantine in RV?

Hello everyone, as a 1st Responder in the medical field, I am planning for the worst....having to quarantine in my class B Xplorer. if the time comes. I went ahead yesterday and started my Onan Genny 4000, but ran it out of fuel. Put in half a tank o...

Excess butyl tape

I have sealed my camper and I have excess butyl tape coming out everywhere. Do I really have to remove the excess tape or can I just seal over it and call it good?

kellyjo by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes