RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How much time is reasonable for work to be done

If you were to need some warranty work to be done on your RV, what would be a reasonable amount of time for the dealer to begin doing the work? Not how long it takes to complete the work, I mean, to just get started on it. For instance, the dealer ag...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper fell

Camper fell off jacks and lying on the ground. What do I do. Who do I call. Both front jacks broke off. Passager rear jack coming off. PLEASE direct me. Thanks

riajane by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Sportsmen KZ331

Anybody have any history with the Sportsman KZ line? I am looking to sell my 5th wheel and go to a bunkhouse. This is just for the wife and I but we stay in ours for 4 months at a time and need more closet space. And no stairs to the bedroom. The rea...

cavie by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung 10.1" Tablet on sale at Costco

A member was asking about a cheaper alternative to the Apple Tablets a while back and I mentioned I bought a Samsung (Android) Tablet at Costco a few years ago at a good price.They have the Tablet in the link below on sale for $100 off, bringing the ...

Ron3rd by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Passport 2890RL- Likes, Dislikes

Anyone out there with a Passport 2890RL?Since getting it, did you find things you really liked? Disliked?How usable is it with the slide in?PS- looking for advice from owners, not a link to the PDF or advice to go look at one. There's some things y...

K3WE by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Miracle Mist

Has anyone used a product called Miracle Mist for mold and mildew on their camper and if so did you have any issues. I used it and it worked great on my awning but the drips and overspray have ruined my gel coat. I will post pics as soon as I figure...

Wilkins RV Bath Ny service

Long story short. Took our FW back to dealer to replace the floor of a slide out that had water damage from a faulty trim piece on the bottom corner. After 4 months they tell me it's ready for pick-up. I get there and the bill is 600+ more than last ...

leggy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Walmart Tire & Lube Express - Carlisle Radial Trail HD

I see Walmart has my size of Carlisle Radial Trail HD on sale for a great price - - there is a Walmart Tire & Lube Express about 20 miles from my house, but reviews seem to be inconsistent at best....some 5 star, others 1 star. My local tire shops (L...

Why do they put the head of the bed up against a window??

The majority of floorplans in rigs I've been looking at (A's and C's) have the dang bed up against window. I like to sit up in bed and read or watch TV and the thought of my fat @$$ leaning against thin RV glass makes me nervous. Not to mention the t...

Jedidad by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

'18 F250 alarm goes off when being towed.

And there is no way to turn the alarm system off. Anyone know of a work-around?Also, the power outlet times out and my towed brake loses power.You'd think a vehicle that is "recreational towable" vehicle would automatically limit it's alarm sensing a...

Gas prices, weather and wildfires...

Every year forces beyond our control seem to be getting worse and worse. What's this season gonna be like?In BC, we have had record high gas prices this month at $1.639 a liter (almost $5 US a gal.)!! Can't wait to see what the summer will bring. ...

Weight total for trailer and hitch on F150

Hi, I have been pulling my hair out for a week trying to make sure I have the correct weight I can haul and the total hitch weight and hitch payload weight. Could someone please verify these numbers or correction them. Pickup2016 F150145” wheel base...

Rlisby by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

How to calculate the cost of RVing

I'll use a 2003 Class C motor home purchased 7 years ago as an example because that's what we have.I paid $23000 for it. Let's assume I sell today for $15000. OK much of this has to be estimated. So I spent $8000 (Not the price I paid for it). I est...

Ford Focus problems?

We've towed a 2017 Focus automatic, keyless start for about a year. Love the car's handling, performance, etc. but wish I had gone with the Toyota Fit manual. The problem is that the Focus inconsistently won't start and sometimes even the ignition wo...