RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Trailer brakes

I have a Cougar TT 31RKS that is 35' long and comes in at about 8500lbs loaded. I tow with a '11 GMC Sierra 2500HD. The trailer is 4 years old and I have never been able to get the GMC factory brake control to lock the brakes at low speed like they...

Camp Hosts Review of Jobs

There is a website where Camp Hosts can review their campground and their boss. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks so much. Betsy.

mittshel by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Christmas Gift Idea

For anyone interested, here's a spur-of-the-moment last-minute Christmas gift I just bought for my wife. It was mid-way between the men's clothing and the women's clothing sections at WalMart, so I'm not sure if this is intended for the men or the wo...

Visiting Tucson? Meet one of the locals...

We live in a senior community of 5K homes just 6 miles up the road from Catalina State Park. We are at 3,300' at the foot of and about 5 miles from Mt Lemon {9,200'}.Here are a couple of shots one of my neighbors took the other day:Check out the paw...

Current Temps in or about "Q"

It's been verrry cool here in the foothills near Pasadena and DW wanted me to ask if it's been cooler than usual down there. We will be there in 13 days God Willing and Winnie keeps moving.

CB usage?

Are CB radios still used frequently on the open road? Do you use one in your RV? Thanks in advance.

TRUECharge2 20 fan

I have a Truecharg2 20 amp that charging as it should. However the fan seems to be constantly running. I've never observed while on and charging when the fan isn't running. Is this normal? Is the Truecharge2 fan microprocessor controlled via an int...

Andonso by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this truck and trailer combo doable for this trip?

I’m new here and have a question regarding towing. First off, I have a 2016 Silverado 4x4, crew cab with 3.08 gears. I’m aware of my 6100lb trailer limit (12,000 lbs total truck+trailer). I drive 100 miles round trip for work and if we ever do buy ...

wadecool by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Ready Brute tow bar. Learned a few things.

One of the handles that you twist to unlock the arm broke off. They have been getting harder to operate. We’re on a trip, here for a week and was concerned about towing with it. I opened the PDF and learned that there are 1/2 holes on the arm and you...