RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tongue Weight/Loading q's

Things running through my mind related to tongue weight and/or loading. -When loading is weight 1 for 1? So say I add 100 lbs of gear in front of the axles, is this 100 lbs additionally on the tongue? Or is there some kind of formula? Perhaps the eff...

'Think" I saw something this morning on GMA.

They were showing people leaving the fire area of Yosemite. It went by very fast, but I saw a Class C in the line with it's awning out. I hope they were stopped and not moving. Hope everyone out there is safe.

water filters

Whats everyone use for fresh water filtration? we use the standard wal malt single inline filter, seems to work ok, but has to be something better. for outdoor use.

machunt by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening a can of worms.......

Have a Class A, want to tow a 03' jeep wrangler sport. Looked at the price of a blue ox tow bar, tow plate, and brake system. Now looking at a tow dolly. Pro's vs Con's.........go!

Ideas on Not Losing the 2-1/2" Hitch Adapter

I'm using my old Equal-i-zer hitch from my old Tundra which had a 2" receiver. Of course my 2016 Ram in my sig has the 2-1/2" receiver. I'm using the slide in adapter supplied with the truck. I've discovered it's very easy to slide out the Equal-i...

Ron3rd by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Windjammer Rain Forest — HELP, Please!

I have never experienced this before in the few years I have owned my windjammer, or any other travel trailer for that matter.For the last five days, we have been camping with relentless rain, The outside temperature has been fairly consistent at aro...

generator price too good to be true?

OK, I saw this on the internet so it has to be for real, right?Anyone ever hear of these folks? Looks like a great deal and a scam. I did a quick search and found nothing about this company good or bad. Just wondering. https://globays.com/

Setting up Chevy Equinox for flat towing

Hello, I have a 2017 Chevy Equinox that I am setting up to flat tow behind the motor home. For the lights, I am using the separate bulb system that bypasses the cars electrical system. But, the Equinox does not have a typical brake light switch down ...

rbreak by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Good glue to withstand heat and weight?

Hello everyone! I’m having an issue where the front panel of my dometic fridge keeps sliding down. It’s no harm to anything other than one extra layer of insulation. I tried some heavy duty double sided tape that is supposed to hold 20 lbs per whate...

Best hitch opinions

We just purchased a used 2012 Ford E350 Super Duty. It did not come equipped with a hitch, and now I'm shopping. I have no idea as to quality, build, etc... I'm looking for opinions as to the best as far as quality. Our trailer is a 20' Sunline, equi...

Frontal Area

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 29704274

JVFLDF by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some observations om rv refrigeration.

How many posts have we seen about rv refrigerators not performing, on gas particularly. Over the years I am learning that I can turn this under performing Norcold frig into a freezer through good practice. I use frozen water bottles distribruted amon...

Autoformer versus Surge Protector

How many or any owners are using the Hughes Autoformer? Or a Surge Protector? We need to purchase a new one, ours is dead after 15 years. Necessity or Not in your opinion?I will say we are believers, as it was replaced by Autoformer after overheat i...

Information sources for the Rv’ers

This may have already been posted, though we “only recently” discovered them. Pretty interesting and informative! flattestroute.com - Pick your route, and get the elevation changes and the % grade. Very informative for those traveling the moun...

memtb by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Rim Material

How do you detertmine what materials the rims on my 2011 Heartland Big Country are made of?