RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How do you decorate your RV for Christmas?

It's that picture posting time again!Post your RV pictures of how you decorate your site and/or MH for the Holidays!Albeit this was my very first MH I no longer have, I still like the simplicity of the Christmas Tree I put in the back window. I kept ...

Typical Days In The Life Of Boondocking Snowbirds

Every day necessity stuff aside, like cleaning, shopping, cooking, banking, paying bills, rig cleaning, refuelling etc, and reading, crafting, hiking, biking, geocaching, ATVing aside, we are curious how your typical days become fulfilled, when spend...

Battery Question

I converted my TT to 2-6 volt flooded golf cart batteries and a upgraded converter from Best Converters. This was about 2 years ago. I dry camp once and awhile but, not to often. I have been very happy with this set up. Last fall on my last trip of t...

Medicare rates

One of the popular questions on here is "What state is the best for Medicare rates" As an insurance agent I just got the 10 best states for Medicare Supplement insurance. (Not Advantage plans)1. Hawaii2. Vermont3. Maine4. New Mexico5. Idaho6. Orego...

bsinmich by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Fungus among us in the dirt

Saw an episode of 'Monsters inside me' last night that concerned me.There's a virus (edit: no, fungus) that lives in the ground in the Southwest US (AZ in particular) that can travel in blowing sand. So, if you're in a windy place, you should wear a...

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

G2 Portable Satellite

Word to the wise, if you have a G2 portable satellite do not put it on the ground. I bought one and the second time I used it I put it on the ground because I didn't have a small table or what have you to put it on and over night ants built a colony ...

Magic chef oven

Lit the pilot on the oven and turned up to 350 and it never got hot. What is not working this time? Can this be fixed or do I need to replace the stove and oven?

Rhigley by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Inflatable Kayak questions

We are thinking of getting an inflatable kayak to take with us while traveling. We have a regular hard canoe, but aren't happy with the options to bring it with us (adding a rack to the top of the TV). So, I was thinking an inflatable that we could s...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban SW10 DE water heater doesn't!

I just can’t figure this out. Our Suburban SW10 DE water heater doesn’t heat. It was functioning normally before it failed. It works well on the LP side but not with electric. I have checked and replaced a number of things.The breaker works. The insi...

ian_c by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Electric fireplace

The electric fireplace in our 2012 Cruiser 5er went off last night. Checked fuses but all are fine. Still doesn't work. Any ideas ?

LOFAT36 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Best time to purchase?

We are back on the TT market and are shopping with another couple who are looking at the same campers we are. They are dead set on buying a camper before the 1st of the year. Is this a good time to get the best price on a new camper? When we go to...

bogie514 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

inverter/converter

hi all, I noticed while plugged into 110 at the house that the inverter was drawing 8-9 amps while charging the house batteries. once the batteries were full, only 1 amp. I never noticed this before. I suppose it normal to draw amps while charging th...

jimbok58 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Aluminum Exterior Molding - Flexible and Shape-Able

I'm posting here to try and get as wide an audience for my question as possible. This is about vintage style aluminum molding.Today's exterior RV trim is commonly still aluminum, painted or otherwise, and also in plastic and vinyl. The aluminum stuff...