RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Do we really need skylights in the shower?

Last night I was taking a shower and looked up at the skylight and wondered to myself, do we really need this thing? I mean it's only practical during the daylight hours, it's a big penetration in the roof that's prone to leaks and weakens the roof,...

Entry Door Seal

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We have a 1997 Damon Hornet Class C (2754B). The seal around the entry door is original, therefore; very compressed leaving us with quite an annoying rattle! Time to fix.Has anyone changed or replaced the seal in their do...

chefdc1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

RV on Fire and dog trapped inside

I don't know if this has been posted before. Sorry in advance if it has.I'm still in shock just from watching a live feed video of it all as it is happening. Put tears in my eyes.:(It is a 'very long' video (be patient and watch the entire video) cap...

Purging air from the water pump - How to

OK, so I have a new pump, but now it is making a heck of a chatter, beyond the pumping noise. I assume it is air, so how do I purge the air from the filter/lines. It doesn't seem to go away just by running it, just keep chattering.

The day after Christmas.

It was the day after Christmas and all through the house. Wait a minute what house. we will have closed and locked the door until April out of here on our way No more Sever Winter weather.Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.Better not be no ...

Key west Fla.

We are going to the Keys for my retirement trip. What are some of the places to make sure we don't miss? We are staying at Sugar Loaf Key K.O.A. I turn 65 in March ,we are going in mid March! Bobby

elidodge by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing a 2016 VW Golf GTI

Does anyone tow a 2016 or 2015 VW Golf GTI four wheels down? I know that VW does not discuss RV towing in their owner's manual but I know for a fact that a lot of people have flat towed various manual transmission equipped VWs.I have checked with a V...

whemme by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Flat Tow a Ford Focus

I have a 2014 Focus I am going to tow, the owners manual says to disconnect the negative terminal from the battery. Has anyone found the same issue as I have? In order to disconnect the neg terminal you would have to nearly disassemble the car in ord...

New Heartland Manufacturing Plant

Just read on my RV Business newsletter Wednesday and it was on the local news yesterday that there will be a new Heartland manufacturing plant in Nampa, Idaho and they expect to employ 200. Great news! I wonder if this means then that if I ever exper...

ReneeG by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Move your chair over a bit please....

Well, I guess I will be putting my chair around the campfire once again.:D We sold our old unit several years ago due to health and other issues and wondered if we would ever get back into the campground again. We have been talking about renewing t...

Big Foot vs Level Up

It looks like the Big Foot system every leg has its own hydraulic tank and pump but the Level Up system uses one pump for all legs. So which system should be more worry free and less troublesome??

Looking for Tub/Shower Curtain Ideas

We have a small tub/shower in out Keystone Premier 19fbpr. The shower curtain really sucks. I am looking at upgrading to a folding or retractable trac door? Has anyone upgraded their curtain.I would also be interested if you found someway to...

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Traveling to the south east in February

I'm not familiar with how a forum works but I contacted Good Sam's club and they gave me this address hoping that someone can answer a few questions. I’m looking for any information that may be out there. I’m 63 years old and planning on leaving Cumb...

Dennis12 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

LP Tank Question

Twin LP tanks on a camper. One tank is about 1/3 full. The other tank is completely full.If you open both tanks, will they:1. Level out to both 2/3 full?2. Flow the full one until it equals the other tank?3. Both flow evenly?