RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

solar and battery.

I installed a solar panel this summer.Normally when I put the trailer in winter storage I usually remove the battery.So with a solar, panel installed with controller should remove the battery from the trailer? Or leave the battery.It does get pretty ...

eend by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

StraightTalk Hotspot Experience

We took a longish trip this summer, traveling from Florida to Washington State and back stopping at the sights along the way. We put about 15k miles on our TV, much less on the trailer.Here's my experience using the StraightTalk Hotspot UMX. Don't ...

Tow bars, couple hundred vs 1I, whats the difference?

Thinking about moving from a 5th wheel to a class C and looking at tow bars as part of research. I see cheap fixed ones that cost a couple hundred dollars at most, then Road Master/Blue Ox that are over $1k. I know this is a beginner question, but ...

Cdash by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Garmin RV 760LMT

I am looking at buying the Garmin RV 760LMT with Wireless Backup Camera. How is the dependability of the GPS and Camera. Is it going to be replaced with a newer model soon?

Buster52 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Backup Camera not working

Just received my new Garmin RV 760LMT with backup camera kit. I find the GPS format much different then any other GPS I have ever owned. It is going to take some studying to figure how to use it. Now I installing the backup camera that is simple, mou...

Longer drop for eaz-lift wd setup?

Hey All,I need two things and am having trouble locating them. 1. I need a slightly longer drop for my EAZ-LIFT weight distribution setup. My truck is a 2014 Dodge 2500 with 35's and a leveling kit and when I hook up the new rig it's slightly up in f...

Cell phone suggestions?

A Canadian friend of mine is retiring and planning to spend winters in Florida. He is looking for an affordable cell phone plan that allows him to use the phone both in the USA and Canada for talking and texting. Any suggestions?

ipeltier by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Costs/types of RV storage shelter?

Currently keep RV in outdoor storage in Orange County. Just received notice of another rent increase.For years have weighed the pros/cons of second home in high desert. The prospect of "free" RV storage tips the balance in favor some. But I wouldn...

tpi by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

State scales open

Some states leave their scales open when they are closed from weighing trucks. They have a readout so you can drive on the scales and weigh. This is helpful to the truckers and would be great for us RVers. Which states leave the scales open? I am pre...

jimj by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

TPMS

Changing batteries this week end in the TPMS. I have the 507 Truck System Technologies system. This is the 2nd time as I have got 2 years out of the batteries each time. Thinking about leaving off the outside cover that makes the sending unit on t...

Had to do it.

Well here we are in the middle of the just about best weather we have ever experienced in October. The forecast is sunny and in 80's for pretty much the next 2 weeks. Unfortunately due to some un-timely unexpected bills we have used up all our travel...

mikeflys by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes