RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Limiting factor on GVWR for trailer

This isn't exactly a towing question but not sure there was a more appropriate forum?We noticed our trailer has axle ratings of 3000# each, so 6000# total. And the tires are rated for 1610# each, of 6440# total. The coupler is good for 1500# tongue a...

PowerTek Power Controller RL-1009

The above unit provides A/C power to my hot water tank. It's turned on via the 12v switch on my control panelThe unit burned out and I understand that they no longer make it.Does anyone know where I can find one.Thanks, Mike

v10 red line?

I have a 2010 Ford class c e450. anyone know what the engine rpm red line is? there is no mark on the tach. thanx

jk31668 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Frederick Maryland.

Every Spring and fall we go to Maryland to see DD. We normally don't get there in the fall till November and in the Spring around mid April. We have yet to find a good camp ground near DD. Jellystone is nuts and pricey and others are just plain expen...

tomman58 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

CW generator - Champion 4000

Just bought a new generator for the TT, it is the Champion 4000 from CW. We were going for the inverter but the price was too high for our budget; for $300 hundred got the champion and will be able to run the AC( 13500btu) when too hot outside and th...

mhawk4 by Explorer
  • 60 replies
  • 0 likes

Why

Two things that keep coming to mind in my camping years.1. Why do they continue to put the outside shower on the back side of the camper? Most folks use it to wash off their feet. Then we have to walk back around to the other side to go inside and we...

Ozone Generator danger.

This morning there was a post about a ozone generator on the forum. A few members posted how well they worked. Well I thought I would look into it since I could have an application for one. What I found was this PDF from the state of Connecticut.PDF...

Pests - What a mess

For health reason, we're unable to travel this summer, so our RV is stored in its regular place on our side yard. When we're not traveling, the 5th wheel has been parked down there without incident for 10 years. When checking on the RV this morning...

Gigem by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Host/Workamper

Busy resort in Parker Dam Arizona, seeking work campers for Camp Host, Housekeeping and Office personnel. $10.00 per hour. Please call Lora for details about any additional compensation as there are options available. 858-472-5406

Ford focus key

Anyone get a key to use while towing that doesnt have the chip in it, or aftermarket

billyboy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

check my wdh numbers please

Just getting my new f250 setup with my Outback 250rs, previously I was pulling with a 2010 Tundra and the dealer had setup the hitch. The Ford is quite a bit taller than the Toyota so I had to drop the hitch to the lowest holes in the shank.Here are...

Border Crossing To U.S.

Hello Do you have to fill out any extra paper work to cross into the U.S.? I'm referring to the card you have to fill out at airports when flying to the U.S.Thank you

Camper93 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

First time

Just returned from my first trip towing my Wrangler JKU behind my Jayco Greyhawk. Made it almost all the way home, two hour trip(half mile away from house), and my wiring came loose at the 7-way and I lost my lighting on the Jeep. Thank you to a pa...

Removing tar splattered all over back of trailer

Hello all. I just returned from a 14,000 mile, 10-week round trip to Alaska, and in removing the copious grime from the trailer discovered thousands of pin-point splats of tar all over the back end. The front also had a few good-sized spots, which I ...