RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Camping Buddies

How did you meet your camping buddies, the Wife and I are both 29 and it seems that every campground we go its filled with older people (no offense to anybody). We would like to meet people to hang out thats our age and have kids that close to our so...

Scott_85 by Explorer
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes

What the Heck is this

Doing some spring cleaning in the 5er, and when I emptied the silverware drawer, I found this -It's about 8 inches long - stiff but flexible plastic, and that little patch on one end looks like the smoother half of a velcro tab.Neither one of us can ...

bobcouch by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

cant get TV in master to work..

Cant get my tv in the master to work. I'm using the antenna,and I got the tv in the lr to work. Any ideas? The button for cable/attenna is in the master, and no matter if is on or off I can't get the tv to recognize any channels.

mowin by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

low water temp from water heater.

Suburban SW12DEL. New to us FW, and I fired the WH up and im only getting luke warm water. I thought I may have left the winterizing bypass valve open causing cold water to mix with the hot, but its closed. Looked in the manual, but no help there. Wa...

mowin by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Best sway control & Yukon towing

Hello All,I have 2 separate but related questions. Before I jump in, I am within my weight limits and fully understand a heavier truck would tow better than our Yukon. With that said, I have 2 questions.1- Sway control. What is the absolute best ...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Cold Weather Challenge

We have been on the road over a month traveling in warmer areas of the USA but now we are heading north to MI and through the UP. Temps at night are predicted to get down to 28/29 degrees at night. As I look at the predicted rate of drop, the temps...

usaclark by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear Cargo Tray bag

I'm thinking of putting a cargo tray on the hitch behind my Class C. Like this. . I'm looking at a cargo bag like this.My concern is security. Anyone have experience here?Thanks!

Flat Towing a Chev Pickup

Just purchased a 2015 Thor Palazzo 35.1 and I would like to flat tow my 2013 Chev 4X4 LT pickup instead of having to buy something else. I have read instructions on mounting a Blue Ox baseplate and think maybe I can install myself. Am I fooling mysel...

Ideal vehicle for a newbie?

Ok, I already realize now I made my first big RV mistake. Without understanding the towing capacity considerations I purchased a travel trailer that is just under 3000lbs (dry), for a 2003 Ford Escape with a 3500lb TC. Never mind that a quick trip th...

Eggs left in refrigrator

We went camping in January 2015 and another trip was planned April 2015. When the refrigerator was opened about 5 rotten eggs were found. Also, there were larvae and small white worms. The smell is awful. We've tried charcoal, baking soda, and Kn...

Bears by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

W/D tow setup

First let me say I'm new to the forums and new to USING a W/D hitch. I have a 29' toy hauler and my tow vehicle is a 2002 GMC 2500hd. I got the trailer recently and I came with the WD hitch and coincidentally the previous trailer owner had the same t...

Any of you guys have the Endless Breeze 12VDC Fan?

I'm thinking about picking up an Endless Breeze 12VDC portable fan; it's made by Fantastic Fan, so it should be good.It's a little more costly than a small 120VAC fan, but the blade looks like it can really push some air, and it can be used when boon...

marc515 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching: Protective Cover For Toad While Towing

Am towing a 2008 Nissan Versa and looking for a flexible protective cover for the front end and windshield to be in place while towing: similar to the wrap around canvas type that is put on the front windshield of a Class C for night privacy. Thanks...

Rv Park Admission Fee

I am at a Rv park that I have stayed at many times in the past, but now they have just began to require family visitors & our friends to pay an admission fee daily to visit us...is this something that other parks are also doing?...this is my first ti...