cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Beacon Truck Wash - Procedural Question

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to be "that RV guy" that gets the truckers in an uproar, so I was wondering if anyone that has used that service can fill me in on the process. Do I pay for the wash before getting in line? Do I stay in my TV while the wash is being done? Any other tips?
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH
23 REPLIES 23

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
FOLLOW UP - never got to try the wash. On the way to the campground I missed the exit. On the way back there were 8 trucks ahead in line so we opted out.
Lee and Anne

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Laman wrote:
I have used the Blue Beacon in Tifton Ga. several times, in fact I was there last week. They did the MH and toad, without Rain-x, for 42 bucks and I left a tip in their "drink jar". My only problem with them is they can be very busy so call ahead at any one of them to find out wait times if you are in a hurry.

Tifton JaJa, I thought I would never see that name again. I got a used carb for the daughter's cycle from a salvage yard there. It ran like a top. :C How is that for sticking with the OP? :W

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest telling them do NOT use brighteners. As truck driver, have used them many times. They are good. But, RV's have many different surfaces. Tell them no acid, no brighteners.

If you have any areas of special concern, let them know when you pull in. I do my Bluebird MH in them.

One area I suggest mentioning, is the refrigerator vents on the side. I tell them to not direct pressure at them. On my toy hauler, I would turn the fridge off before I got there, and I would put a piece of hard plastic inside. There are electronics inside on most, and if pressure is directed at the vents, water will go in. Potential for damage.

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
I think Blue Beacon does have nozzles in the ceiling but just as a rinse.

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of using them the next time my 5th wheel needs done. Do they do anything with the roof or just the sides?
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
I have used the Blue Beacon in Tifton Ga. several times, in fact I was there last week. They did the MH and toad, without Rain-x, for 42 bucks and I left a tip in their "drink jar". My only problem with them is they can be very busy so call ahead at any one of them to find out wait times if you are in a hurry.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Beacon - There's an App for that.

Kentucky_Rambl1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a former truck driver and now retired pulling my fifth wheel. Have used the "Streakin Beacon" a ton of times thru the years. If you're worried about any streaks tell them not to use any brightners.

BTW Teamfour, $40 for truck and trailer isn't bad. I pay $60 for my truck and fifth wheel when I give them a bath.

Also if you feel generous, it's always nice to tip the wash crew. They appreciate it.

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
We used them 1 time in Ca. They used some sort of acid and it left faint streaks in my lower painted panels. Never again.

Pogoil.

Chippendale
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend whose side rear window on his Landmark 5th wheel was blown out by a high pressure hose at a Blue Beacon in the Dallas area. Not sure if they ever reimbursed him for it. I know for awhile he couldn't get any $ help from them.

FWIW, he still uses Blue Beacon, but tells them to stay away from his windows.

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
They have always done a good job wherever I have gone there.

They are also conscious of safety and advise the customer if they see

any potential problems. Low tire, skinned sidewall, something loose

about to fall off, etc.
jwmII

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer about $25 and truck about $15.
Lee and Anne

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Do they do TT and TV too? Any idea of cost for a 25'TT and F150? Thanks

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
Forget to mention....had the toad hooked up as well and they did a great job. They do use power washers, but they were gentle.