cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying oil from Amazon

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I changed oil in three generators and two vehicles this weekend so it was time to restock my oil supply.

The O'Riley's down the road wants $32.99 a gallon for Rotella T6 Synthetic 5-40W oil. I just ordered six gallons from Amazon for $21.36 per gallon using Prime which includes the shipping.

It surprised me they'd ship the oil (45#) to Alaska as a Prime item due to the weight. Right now my good buddy Jeff and I are discussing why he won't ship a set of Timbren FRTT350F suspension helpers to me Prime as they weigh and cube a lot less than the Timbrens. While I like Amazon, they're very hit and miss on what they'll ship to Alaska.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
16 REPLIES 16

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyemunson wrote:
Go to techbargainsdotcom and search for 'mobil 1'. You will find a $12 rebate on Mobil 1. Walmart sells it for about $24 for a 5 qt jug. Good saving.

Gary,

I used Mobil 1 for a long time and have nothing at all against it. I switched to the T6 as it has the additive required by the wet clutch packs in my quads which Mobil 1 doesn't. In the quads the same oil supply feeds both the engine and transmission. This point would matter to very few people, but it allows me to only carry one type of oil with me so that nothing winds up with the wrong oil in it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Go to techbargainsdotcom and search for 'mobil 1'. You will find a $12 rebate on Mobil 1. Walmart sells it for about $24 for a 5 qt jug. Good saving.