Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

car cover

AKsnowcampers
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a cover for the front of my VW
sportwagon to protect it when being towed,I have seen other toads with covers but I have not been able to find on the net & not sure what they are called. Thanks
2014 Dodge 2500 Quad cab diesel
2008 Travelaire TW250
2010 Yamaha Rhino

Yamaha rhino 700
5 REPLIES 5

AKsnowcampers
Explorer
Explorer
Do they make bra,s that cover front & windshield?
The alcan hwy is hard on paint,headlamps & windshields,
we all ready have slight damage from the trip south, I'm
hoping not to make any worse.
2014 Dodge 2500 Quad cab diesel
2008 Travelaire TW250
2010 Yamaha Rhino

Yamaha rhino 700

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The Bras where originally used by high end sport car manufacturers to protect the paint on new cars while being tested, and some photos where published and then the trend started.

They are great to protect the front from small rocks and debree, they have a problen when left on the vehicle for to long, specially when it rains or there is condensation that runs down under the Bra, when the sun heats the Bra the temperature can get hot enough to boil the moisture, and over time the paint is cooked, a neighbor had a Porche 911 and one day he was going to was the car, took the Bra off and we could read the word porche on the dicolored paint where the Bra had cooked the paint.

If you are thinking of a complete cover for the entire vehicle, there are several manufactureres and can be found at stores that sell auto parts.

navegator

bocanut50
Explorer
Explorer
There is a new product out there that is a clear plastic film. Not cheap, but you will not have the paint problems in wet weather from dust and dirt getting between the Bra and car.
Bill Stiles
2003 Discovery 38T
2013 Ford Edge SEL

bocanut50
Explorer
Explorer
They are called Bras. I have had several from a company in CA, and they are excellent. I can't think of the name right now. Maybe someone else can help.
Bill Stiles
2003 Discovery 38T
2013 Ford Edge SEL

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sear for a car bra.
They look nice but from my experience if you use them in wet weather you can expect paint issues.