cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carpet Replacement

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure a lot of folks have replaced carpet in their rigs, I wondering how one would go about doing this and making look correct. What I mean is we have several cabinets, dresser and nightstand that all have carpet inside. All the carpet was laid then cabinets were installed. DW wants new carpet but I don't want a hack job done.
Any thought? we are FT so I know this is going to be a PITA.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.
7 REPLIES 7

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
barbandwayne

"stop at a nice KOA?" where did you find one?
2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
barbandwayne wrote:
I don't understand why they put carpeting in the doorway. A simple small section of tile or vinyl at the front door would be much more practical. We actually use our mh, we don't just drive down the road, stop at a nice koa and then stay inside all the time. We track in a ton of dirt, sand etc.
Shoot, even us old cowpokes have tile in the entry:

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Dogbone
Explorer
Explorer
I changed the carpet in a 36ft Motorhome, I took the couch out, stripped all the old carpet out, bought the carpet and then hired a carpet installer on the side to install it, he charged me $200 and it looked great. I left the carpet in the cupboards and under the bed but he did all around the bed.
2007 5th Wheel Crossroads Cruiser 30SK
2003 Ford F250

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our carpeting with the Allure vinyl that glue together. I used contact cement every soften to make sure that the seams would not come apart in the cold.

barbandwayne
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand why they put carpeting in the doorway. A simple small section of tile or vinyl at the front door would be much more practical. We actually use our mh, we don't just drive down the road, stop at a nice koa and then stay inside all the time. We track in a ton of dirt, sand etc.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my carpet with allure vinyl - left the carpet in closets - looks fine.
Kevin

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless you're handy with carpet and know how to stretch it, etc, it might be time to call in a pro. Most folks are ditching the carpet and going with laminate anyway.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"