cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cedar Creek rear wall loose from floor??

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a 2008 34 TSA fifth. At the floor the wall can be pushed away from the floor about 1/2 inch at the centre below the big rear window.
She says there is always lots of dust at back of trailer after going on gravel roads which we have to when we leave home. I suspect this is where it comes in.

I suspect screws have come loose that are supposed to keep rear tight to floor and there is no way to tighten them now.
Anybody have same problem and fixed this some how?
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
8 REPLIES 8

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
That would be a big job Darryl. What kind of stud is at the centre. Alumnium or wood? Not many others in there if any.
The licence plate is directly at that level and I'm thinking perhaps I could saw out an inspection hole and have access to put new screws in.??

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Fix it properly, unless you're going to dump the problem on the next owner. Pull the end cap, remove the insulation, and do the repairs.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
No chance of puncturing the outer skin on this model because of the gap/ hollow area between the wall and the end fibreglass cap.

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aluminum angle sounds like a plan. Screw to the floor and then try to draw the wall back in with screws. Or I should say screw because it would seem there is not much in the way of studding in the wall. One only I think n the middle.
I don't think rot would be the issue as the trailer is in great shape with no sign of water damage.
We will have to pull back the rug and screw that to the floor.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
below the window ,sounds like a water leak and its rotted away.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
probably rotten...
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Either the wall was not properly installed or the floor is rotten. Seal the heck out of it and install a length of aluminum angle. Be careful not to puncture the wall skin with screws.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that if you got some VHB tape and a metal plate, perhaps bent to fit the gap, cleaned everything really well, and applied to the loose area you might be able to seal it up. Put some strips of eternabond on the edges of the metal strip.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel