Chinese RV tires... holding up!

Explorer

Re: Chinese RV tires... holding up!

noteven wrote:
Dtank wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
I have a lot more confidence in US or Japanese branded tires even if marked Made in China as I'm pretty sure it was made under our standards and strict supervision.

"Branded tires".

The (mainland) Chinese are very capable of manufacturing tires to the buyers specifications!

Michelin has mfg facilities in China along with other brands who put their BRAND NAME on the tires.

However - even YOU can be a distributor of YOUR brand of tires mfg in China to YOUR specs.

Simplified:
YOU place the minimum order for "Yosemite" Tires, have them shipped to the USA, line up distributors and you're good to go.

Also,cut a deal with trailer manufactures to equip their product with Yosemite tires - which meet the desired load range for the trailer.
(Think "Bean Counters"!)

Soooo maybe lots of complaints and tire failures! Next batch gets a new brand name. If folks are happy with their "Yosemites", they get good reviews (like in this thread).

When a company has THEIR name on the tire - their expectations (and specs) are higher....Ex: Michelin.

Unfortunately - sometimes even USA mfg tires can be losers! Ex: USA mfg Goodyear Marathons from a few years ago. The Airstream forums have (negative) threads that never stopped - but would be deleted or closed on other forums. If you bought a new trlr a few years ago, it had USA mfg GY Marathons (with lots of unhappy folks on RV Net also).

My Marathons developed bubbles & tread seperation in the first year, with a mimimal load range (D) for a 10K (unloaded) trlr.

Best of luck -and trouble free miles- with your choice of shoes!

:W

One line could be "Idgit Camels"

China can manufacturer whatever you want. Just bring a sample and give them the downpayment for minimum order.

Quality. Don't bet on it.

But if a US company control and supervises the manufacturing with veery specific quality materials and QA, it can be comparable to US made.

That's how I guide myself in buying anything around. US brand, wherever it's manufactured.