cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chinese RV tires... holding up!

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Got a new RV with factory installed Made in China tires with unknown brand.

I figure I'll have it replaced after a year.

But to my pleasant surprise, after a thousand miles and 5 months in deep winter storage, the air pressure on it has held up.

Well, maybe in another year or two?:B
94 REPLIES 94

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Sagebrush wrote:
Walmart had many Endurance 225's in the Birmingham, AL warehouse a few days ago, $145 per and $12 for balancing. I just checked on them, my local store doesn't stock them, but it only takes a day to get them. They use FedEx Ground, the warehouse is only 100 miles away. But, they don't have any high pressure valve stems in stock and they have been out for over two months.

I had to get mine from local NAPA stores last week. Short bolt in valve stems are hard to come by around here. It took two stores and 70 miles to get five new bolt in stems. Etrailer couldn't supply them either, they didn't have the .453 grommets.

May not be relevant to you with the distance. My experience with American Tire in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and Discount Tire in Reno were topnotch. The latter even gave me a lifetime (to the tires, lol) wheel balancing for my Goodyear 4 off road tires.

Thats a little far from me, Walmart has lifetime balance for $14 per tire. But, I never re-balance trailer tires, so I just do the regular one time balancing for $12.

My Local Walmart has a good tire shop, I've been using them more and more lately. I put Coopers on the CRV and they did an excellent job at a great price. I usually avoid Walmart tire service, but I've had three good experiences with them lately. The prices online are better than in store with the tire brands I wanted.

The trailer tires were $99.98 in store and $70.12 online, just bought some last week. So, $82.12 mounted and balanced plus tax for 225/75/R15 Mastertrack E's. They don't like dually trucks though, so I go to an independent tire dealer for my truck tires.

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
goodyear.com no longer has information about the Endurance tires. I ordered mine the end of June from Amazon and they were shipped from Goodyear, AZ. At that time, they were on the Goodyear site.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Sagebrush wrote:
Walmart had many Endurance 225's in the Birmingham, AL warehouse a few days ago, $145 per and $12 for balancing. I just checked on them, my local store doesn't stock them, but it only takes a day to get them. They use FedEx Ground, the warehouse is only 100 miles away. But, they don't have any high pressure valve stems in stock and they have been out for over two months.

I had to get mine from local NAPA stores last week. Short bolt in valve stems are hard to come by around here. It took two stores and 70 miles to get five new bolt in stems. Etrailer couldn't supply them either, they didn't have the .453 grommets.

May not be relevant to you with the distance. My experience with American Tire in Rancho Cucamonga, CA and Discount Tire in Reno were topnotch. The latter even gave me a lifetime (to the tires, lol) wheel balancing for my Goodyear 4 off road tires.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
There seems to be a Troll among us.

Salesman for the competition?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
There seems to be a Troll among us.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"GY has suspended production of the Endurance and they are out of stock nearly everywhere."

That's a shame for those who want a quality US Made tire.

When GY moves production of Endurance tires to China....will they no longer be a *quality* tire?

:h..:S

If it's a US owned and a reputable brand, they make sure China manufacturers adhere to their US quality standards. Explains why there are so many American expats in China (having a Chinese extra wife too, if their wife don't join them there).

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
whjco wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"GY has suspended production of the Endurance and they are out of stock nearly everywhere."

I just did an online search and found multiple outlets still selling Goodyear Endurance. I even made a selection of a pair of ST225/75R15 E-Rated on Walmart.com and they're in stock.

Just an FYI.

Could be an internet false story. Nice they are still in stock.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

When GY moves production of Endurance tires to China....will they no longer be a *quality* tire?

:h..:S

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I just did an online search and found multiple outlets still selling Goodyear Endurance. I even made a selection of a pair of ST225/75R15 E-Rated on Walmart.com and they're in stock.

Just an FYI.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
dedmiston wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
Finally, replace the tires at a minimum every 5 years!

I learned that tires will dry rot faster if they are not used or used infrequently. Replacing tires roughly every 5 years is part of the cost of ownership. Again, you can always take your chances and again old tires are fine until they aren't.

this is another wives tale, 8 years is the recomended change out due to age from a tire manufacture. but there are things that can shorten that. in your case the most likely cause was moisture in the air you used to top it off. Mositure inside the tire will cause it to fail prematurly and so many tire places are cheeping out now days and not putting dryers on there air. also people at home dont think about this and when they fill up at home they are putting moisture into the tire causing dry rot. this is where nitrogen in tires shine as it is dry, but thats not practicle for most. I went to the store and bought a desicant dryer for my air compressor for this purpose and to help extend the life of my air tools.

Steve

Anybody who gets eight years out of their RV tires isn't camping enough.

or maybe there camping more and just driving less haha. my firs ttrailer I got 10 years out of all the tires before I had to change one. I camped every weekend all year around, but I lived on an island where I only had to drive 20 min to the main camping site I went to , others we did were about an hour drive max.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
WAM wrote:
Customer Service said it's to put more production capacity into sudden All Terrain demand, but the Endurance will eventually come back...maybe 2022.

What's their alternate product equivalent?

I must be one of those who snapped their off-road/all terrain tires for my truck. Sold my Michelin, which surprisingly got multiple calls and bought one the same day.

WAM
Explorer
Explorer
WAM wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I am fairly sure they have a five year warranty and that means all made are under warranty.

You're right. Six years actually...Replacement 1 yr then prorate thru 2/32 depth. I'll call Tire Rack and ***** at them. But the tires are still gone, so I don't expect much.

Okay I called Tire Rack and they confirmed that they only offered warranty on tires sold after 2019. They are not Goodyear owned and do not have to honor the GY warranty.

Then I called Goodyear who confirmed the above, but they opened a claim on my behalf and will try to help me. If the tires are already gone they may or may not get the claim approved.

BTW, GY has suspended production of the Endurance and they are out of stock nearly everywhere. Customer Service said it's to put more production capacity into sudden All Terrain demand, but the Endurance will eventually come back...maybe 2022.
2012 Ford F350/SD 4x4
Alpenlite 9.5 Cheyenne slide-in

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
"Anybody who gets eight years out of their RV tires isn't camping enough."

Don't you mean aren't traveling enough? ๐Ÿ™‚ We had 8 years and about 20,000 miles on our Sailun tires when we sold it. Never an issue, no cracks, no leaks, and still looked to have good tread life. But were due to be replaced if we hadn't sold it. We did advise the buyer to replace the tires due to their age. But I wasn't going to buy six tires, just to turn around and sell the thing.

FWIW I just bought 4 new Sailun tires and had them mounted and balanced for the car. 205/55-16, mounted and balanced cost me $279.00. Manufacture date was 1021.

But yes, we certainly didn't camp enough. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good call on the car tires . The Saliun Terramax are the next tire going on my truck 275/70/18