cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleaning black streaks

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out here have a tip for removing the black streaks that all campers seem to get after sitting for a while?

I've tried:

Magic Erasers
Simple Green
Soap
Citrus cleaner
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser
37 REPLIES 37

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at 2oldman's post on the subject. Did not see S-100 from your Harley Davidson dealer. Nothing works any better, Easy to use, spray on wait 3 minutes and wipe off. DONE GUARANTEED
Dennis Hoppert

Underground
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! New here but I've had RV's before and used Simple Green. Home Depot buy the gallon and don't dilute it. Spray it on with a spray bottle and and rub it with a sponge. Seemed to work pretty good.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You might try spraying a small area of black streak with WD40 and wipe it down. WD40 works great for dissolving road tar, bug, and a bunch of other thing. I have used it on black streaks too and it does help remove them. Test a small spot on your camper first. (just to be safe).

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
TR3 Resin Glaze

Auto part store or Wal-Mart, get the road tar off too

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Black streaks posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
If you cover the RV there should not be any or many black streaks. IMHO they come from leaves that fill the drain channels on the roof and the runoff stains the walls. The cover keeps the leaves out.
Oh! and stay out of the sun...
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Harold_Fairbank
Explorer
Explorer