cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Custom RV Trailer Office

jvonhorn
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to this forum and pretty new to RVing. My wife and I both work remotely and are about ready to cast off the chains and hit the road. I am looking at a 36 foot diesel Class C as the mother ship but I am worried that we could both work in there on the phone and computer. Has anyone seen or heard of custom tow behind office trailer?

I am thinking maybe 12-14 feet long? Room enough for two work areas.

Is this even a good idea?

I did a ton of googling and cant find very much.
4 REPLIES 4

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Creek has introduced a new rig with an office in the back... There may be others as well but we looked at this one late last year.

CC 36MDX
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
For what is worth I'd look at a 5th wheel toy hauler. You could put a mini in it for a run around and covert it into an office when your parted or just set it up as an office and use your pickup to run around in. Seen some really nice "garages" on the toy haulers that would customize into a nice office for two.

Heartland has one with a 17.5" garage, most are 10-12'. Some of the ramps are also useable as patio areas.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
One of the problems you will find with the additional office trailer is finding a site large enough to fit both Class C and work trailer on with hookups for both. The custom trailer would require its own electrical system, A/C etc set up for work. Might be difficult to work with.

What about a toy hauler where you could outfit the garage portion for an office so one could work in the garage area while the other works out of the living area? Might work.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like you'd have to have a pretty customized trailer if you intend to work in it. Windows, heat, A/C, electric hookup, and you'd have to have a vehicle to travel locally when you're parked. You might be better off customizing a large fifth wheel for both work and living space and towing it with a BIG truck.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.