cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you use your bathroom? If not, what do you use it for?

viajera80
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I'm working on an article about whether most RV owners use their bathrooms or not. If you do, feel free to chime in. If you don't why not and what do you use it for instead? Please give examples of what you do use it for. Thank you!

Edit: the post is for the Do It Yourself RV website
108 REPLIES 108

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hopefully the OP got an answer out of all of this.

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
irishtom29 wrote:
Poop? What, are you a bunch of 5 year olds?

Well, okay then...

I defecate and urinate in my motorhome's lavatory whilst camping. :C

If there are campground showers at hand (and you don't need to feed them coins), I often use them in preference to the motorhome shower because they are more spacious and frequently have higher water flow and longer-lasting hot water and no noticeable limits on water usage.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
irishtom29 wrote:

No. Not really. Just polite
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
K3WE wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
I really don't understand people who don't do #2 in their RV toilet. You are going to have to dump the tank anyway. Having solids flush out is no harder or messier than only fluids.

Don't tell anyone, but it's easier to dump #1 in your back yard.

Makes the lawn grow great! :B

In truth. CampCem kills the grass. ask me how I know
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Why own a trailer if you don't use the bathroom? My truck gets 12 MPG towing my trailer. Why not just get a tent and get 30 MPG in a car?

People are silly. :R

Tents don't have AC , heat, awnings or beds off the ground. I'm old. I can't sleep on the ground. Plus my last tent was stolen out of my backyard while drying after a camping trip. I figure it is harder to steal a TT, and you don't have to let it dry after a trip either. It really is a lot more trouble to tent camp than TT camp.

and Like I say. I do use my bathroom when we have full hookups. Just not when primitive camping. I'm just too lazy.

BTW, and yep to start another discussion. We don't cook in the TT either. :B
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Veebyes wrote:
Why buy one with a crapper if you are not going to use it?

Maybe all of the other features?

Don't get me wrong, we use ours but the fact is if someone wants a multiple-slide 5th wheel I'm guessing they include a bathroom. The point of this thread is to find out what else they might use it for.
Part of our wet bath becomes the pile of laundry. We have never used the shower.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why buy one with a crapper if you are not going to use it?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
irishtom29 wrote:

That's because **** and **** are automatically filtered out.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
irishtom29 wrote:
You choose a word.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer

viajera80
Explorer
Explorer
K3WE wrote:
These threads always amaze me as the narrow minded, black and white thinkers pour out.

I always do this or never do that...and then the dismissive 'I don't understand why someone would do it different from me.'

For a quick camp...me only...I'll rough it and save time dumping.

Other times, its full hook ups. Wife tends to like a big shower and lots of water, and a family showering will fill (or empty)tanks QUICKLY

Sometimes water is tight, sometimes there's lines, sometimes it's raining at 3:00 AM and there's a million other in between cases.

Choices and options are good.

Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
I really don't understand people who don't do #2 in their RV toilet. .
I'm not sure there's anything to understand. It's more of an emotional decision. As in "I don't want to drag poop around in my trailer" or "I want those tanks clean."
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
K3WE wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
I really don't understand people who don't do #2 in their RV toilet. You are going to have to dump the tank anyway. Having solids flush out is no harder or messier than only fluids.

But, but, but, I dump in my FRONT YARD! On, wait. Nevermind. I have a sewer cleanout there. Nothing to see here! Move along!
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
K3WE wrote:
Bobbo wrote:

And a little #2 mixed in won't hurt anything either, just dilute it real good with the garden hose and it's gone in a couple days......its called going green. You may end up with a spot of grass that's really green and grows twice as fast as the rest of your lawn.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?