cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electronic side to side levels

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
On the front of my 5th wheel I have the level with the big silver ball inside. It is hard to see from the cab and I was wondering why some one hasn't developed an electronic one that has red and green lights that can be seen from the cab. If it had a remote indicator viewable in the cab that would be fantastic...
9 REPLIES 9

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like your level just needs to be repositioned so that you can see it from your cab. I love mine - I can see it from the rear view mirror or by turning my head and looking out the back.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back in the stone age before the internet, iphones, wifi, bluetooth, etc. I designed and installed a remote level indicator and refer temp alarm for my trailer that had a read out in my Van. It was done by brute force with 12 glass mercury tilt switches and at first a box and then a round dial with 12 pilot lights. The mercury switches were mounted on a board using the glass fuze holders and calibrated to come on when one side or the other of the trailer was 1,2,4,6,8,10 inches high. All this was connected by a bundle of telephone wiring with like 20 to 25 wires and included a refer alarm that consisted of a set of contacts separated by an actual sliver of ice kept in the freezer where if it thawed the contacts would send a signal that activated a light and a buzzer in my Van co located with my leveling system indicator lights. It all worked great from 1982 to 2007 when I got my current trailer and went with the GIANT levelmaster bubble level that I can easily read from my Van. The refer temp/thaw alarm by then was replaced with remote reading thermometers which weren't a common consumer item back in the early 1980's. Sorry, no pics.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
LevelMate Pro does exactly what is mentioned above- you install a box into the fifth wheel and see the levelness of the rig in an app on a phone or tablet.

We love it for boondocking and have been able to find spots that were perfectly level by driving around.

https://logicbluetech.com
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw exactly what you want at the RV store. The cost of $140 scared me away. A box mounts in the RV and you read the result on your phone while still in the cab. I didn't notice the name.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
WHY is your level so hard to see?

I watch mine via trucks rearview mirror when pulling in/backing into a site
I was kind of wondering the same thing. Mine is very easy to see and use, either rear view mirror, or turn my head and look out the rear window. Perhaps his is below the level of the rear window of an extended cab truck.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

westend
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a wireless inclinometer that broadcasts to a phone. Price may be a detterent. If you have two phones, there may be a possibility of putting one on the draw bar and using one inside the truck.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
WHY is your level so hard to see?

I watch mine via trucks rearview mirror when pulling in/backing into a site
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Well actually...LINK...HERE
But you still might have to step out of the truck...

I have one of these pieces of junk......

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Well actually...LINK...HERE
But you still might have to step out of the truck...

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro