cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extremely mad at fellow RV-ers...

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you did this, then I'm mad at you too! Preaching to the choir? If so, then tough! You need to hear it from someone and I'm not going to be "political correct" either!

So.... you fellow RVers who are such germaphobiacs use disposable rubber gloves at dump stations because you are terrified to get your own sh** on you, you use disposable gloves. OK, that's fine if it's your preference. BUT BY GOLLY! DISPOSE OF THOSE GLOVES YOURSELF. NO ONE WANT TO PICK UP [COLOR=]YOUR STINKING, GERM INFESTED, NASTY
RUBBER GLOVES OFF THE GROUND! If you are the ones guilty of this, then SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on you. You're a selfish jerk!

Who do you think will pick up your SH** gloves when you toss them on the ground! YOU won't touch your own gloves because YOU feel they are germ infested after handling your own waste, but YOU expect someone else to pick them up! YOU are the biggest hypocrite in the campground if you did this.

Now, I'm not just preaching at one person, quite obvious this is becoming a trend at Indiana State Parks. Two week-ends in a row, at Mississawana State Park last week-end and this weekend at Whitewater State park.

Come-on FOLKS.... It's not just one person either, when there is a pile of your nasty disposable rubber gloves laying on the ground for others to have to step over and clean up, it's MORE than just one person! If you did this, you ARE a pig! I said, I'm not politically correct! But yes, I'm mad at YOU if you are the ones who do this!

I took the time to clean them up and dispose of them properly and then I raised all kinds of HE** with the campground host, the people at the check in shack house and the camp office. I'm also raising HE** with the State DNR. The MOST the DNR can do is leave a trash can there if morons and idiots are going to throw their germ infested, sh** infested, nasty hideous rubber gloves just tossed on the ground!

I'm mad! Mad at whoever is doing this! It's one thing to pick up cigarette buts and trash at the campsite, but there's just no excuse for this .... especially since the message (whoever) has sent that the germs from their OWN toilet is to dangerous for even themselves...... you expect someone else to pick it up! OMG!

I even sprayed down the concrete and cleaned up the entire area. And YES, I really pi$$ed off the guy behind me waiting for his turn as I picked and cleaned everything up. But you know.... I absolutely don't care what he thought. I did the right thing by cleaning up the mess! I only wish I had a photo before I started cleaning it up. I thought of photos too late.

46 REPLIES 46

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Threads about dump stations and black tanks always seem to go right down the toilet hehe. Not exactly what I wanted to read about before breakfast.

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
Same as those that pick up doggie poop then through the bag in the woods or leave by side of the road.

soren
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:

So.... you fellow RVers who are such germaphobiacs use disposable rubber gloves at dump stations because you are terrified to get your own sh** on you, you use disposable gloves.

Shockingly ignorant and unnecessary comment.

I handle raw sewage with disposable gloves for a good reason. That being, I have no reason to infect myself because I'm too cheap, or uneducated, to use disposable gloves that are a few cents each. After I properly remove the gloves and dispose of them, I also quickly clean my hands with alcohol hand sanitizer. A quick google search will reveal a whole list of diseases and infections common to raw sewage exposure.Being too much of a "tough guy" to avoid exposure to these pathogens is the height of ignorance. Many years ago, an older member here reported that he was hospitalized for a while, recovering from a very serious infection he gave himself while dumping his tanks. It started in a cut in his hand, after he was using his typical leather and cloth work gloves to dump. He would use these gloves to dump, then put them in a storage compartment of his RV and use them next time. They became a breeding ground for a nearly fatal infection.

There is a HUGE difference between being terrified of imaginary fears, and being a mature adult, who protects themselves from easily avoidable risks.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Let's face it, some people just get weird around poo and pee.

we have some who put used poo TP in a bag, next to the toilet.

we have some who never use the toilet cause they don't want to deal with the black tank.

we have some who HazMat up, just to dump the black tank.

as a retired EMT and medical field worker, i KNOW how to take gloves off the right way so i never touch the used surfaces.
but i rarely use gloves because i dump my black tank correctly and never have any "splashes" on me or my hands.

and if i think there's a possibility i might have, i do what i learned in hospitals.
I WASH WITH SOAP AND WATER!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
So....I have got to ask after reading all this.

Who wears rubber gloves when they wipe their butt as a just incase? Be interesting to hear

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
This whole thread leaves me scratching my head ... as follows: :h

1. I don't use gloves when I dump ... I'm careful to not "get anything on my hands that doesn't belong there".

2. I always dump the grey water after the black water so that the "clean(er)" grey water rinses the inside of the dump hose and the area around dump inlet in case any of our "stuff" sloshs around the dump opening.

3. I do carry a box of surgical gloves along just in case ... but with those gloves you are supposed to take them off by curling from the wrist down over the outside of the rest of the glove so that anything on the gloves gets closed up inside the removed glove ... hence you can just put the gloves into the waste basket inside the RV and out they go the next time you dump the coach waste basket.

4. We don't wait in lines at dump stations much anyway, as we go at the times when other campers don't.

Why do folks have to make things so complicated that they become irritating to others?
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
I think the fault lies more on the park operatorr than the users of the dump station. The users seemed to pile their trash all in one location since there was no trash recepticle. I bet all of those gloves would have been in the trash can if there was one. Blame the park, not the users.
According to the original post, the offending locations were at Indiana State parks. Therefore the blame should be placed directly on the shoulders of the Indiana taxpayers, since they don't pay enough taxes to fund State workers to follow around the users of the state parks making sure they behave. Fortunately, they will likely resolve problems like this with the time proven method of Governmental problem resolution... just close up the dump stations. It is nice to know we have people like you to point out how it takes a village to make people behave. We have long needed to kill the concept of personal responsibility.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
....So....

you fellow RVers who are such germaphobiacs use disposable rubber gloves at dump stations because you are terrified to get your own sh** on you, you use disposable gloves.....

I agree with you on just throwing the gloves on the ground at the dump station is ALL WRONG and disrespectful of others.

BUT, I respectively disagree with your comments about "why" some wear gloves when dumping at a dump station.

Those 'dump stations' and everything related to them IS a bio hazard. With thousands of people using them dumping waste 'without' gloves.

You have no idea who has what and who has touched what.

I for one am NOT going to take any chance of getting any disease from others. And nowadays more than ever there are 'numerous' contact diseases, and now more than ever a very 'large percentage' of people who have them. Serious incurable diseases like Hep C, Hep B, HIV, CMV,etc are all contact diseases from body fluids. I.E. contact with feces, urine. All found at a dump station.

There are RV'ers that do NOT use gloves at the dump station and then touch all that there is at a dump station. Lifting lid, handle on water spigot, and even the concrete/plastic bumper poles, etc.

IMHO wearing gloves when using a dump station is prudent and being smart. Not just being a germaphobic.

X2. Lax sanitation practices spread disease. Wearing gloves is only common sense.

This is a no brainer.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
....So....

you fellow RVers who are such germaphobiacs use disposable rubber gloves at dump stations because you are terrified to get your own sh** on you, you use disposable gloves.....

I agree with you on just throwing the gloves on the ground at the dump station is ALL WRONG and disrespectful of others.

BUT, I respectively disagree with your comments about "why" some wear gloves when dumping at a dump station.

Those 'dump stations' and everything related to them IS a bio hazard. With thousands of people using them dumping waste 'without' gloves.

You have no idea who has what and who has touched what.

I for one am NOT going to take any chance of getting any disease from others. And nowadays more than ever there are 'numerous' contact diseases, and now more than ever a very 'large percentage' of people who have them. Serious incurable diseases like Hep C, Hep B, HIV, CMV,etc are all contact diseases from body fluids. I.E. contact with feces, urine. All found at a dump station.

There are RV'ers that do NOT use gloves at the dump station and then touch all that there is at a dump station. Lifting lid, handle on water spigot, and even the concrete/plastic bumper poles, etc.

IMHO wearing gloves when using a dump station is prudent and being smart. Not just being a germaphobic.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
That's exactly why I avoid dump stations altogether. I don't need to deal with that and I won't! I have a Macerator and take care of my black tank when I get home from camping. I take care of it at my convenience and there's no having to hurry up, no waiting in lines either. I just drive by the dump stations, smile and say to myself..."I'm glad I don't have to deal with that!"

2gypsies wrote:
So I guess you always have full hookups and never camp any farther than a dump's drive home?

Why would I or RobWNY or anyone else with a waste macerator have to "always have full hookups" :h I do exactly the same as RobWNY, camp here in the Ontario provincial park system and many US state parks, national parks, COEs, county parks, and never have on-site service. With a 30 gal black tank we can easily camp for 2 weeks without having to empty the tank, could go even longer if we use campground facilities during the day. I've owned my FloJet waste macerator for a dozen years now and IIRC the last time I stopped at a dump station with our trailer was in Missouri back in 2007. Like Rob, as we're leaving a campground I just pass on by the dump station lineup and wave in sympathy. :W
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
georgialawn88 wrote:
If that made you mad I bet you get mad alot

Oh, come on.

This is an internet message board, where the whole point is to "speak your mind" or "vent."

Do you like litter? I mean, are you cool with people just throwing their trash on the ground in your state parks?

I'm not, and you shouldn't be either.

This is ridiculous.

As others have said, however, there should be a trash can at the dump station.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
I think the fault lies more on the park operatorr than the users of the dump station. The users seemed to pile their trash all in one location since there was no trash recepticle. I bet all of those gloves would have been in the trash can if there was one. Blame the park, not the users.
You are part of the problem.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
We had a couple use the dump station the night before they left and then left us their overnight waste in buckets on the site. So we the hosts had to dispose of that and sanitize the area. People in general are pigs! Trash everywhere, even next to the trash can, toilet paper all over, smeared seats, smashed cigarette butts on the shower floor,and on and on. If you have never hosted, you would not believe what people are like.
If you host, doesn't the campground have records of who stayed at what site, when? Aren't there laws against littering at the very least, and hopefully also ones about endangering public welfare? Bust 'em.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
I personally do not close our last garbage bag, then when done emptying/flushing the tanks, I throw the gloves into that garbage, then tie off, and then throw that bag into the dumpster. Wife forces some handy wipes on me once back into truck.

Sad others must litter.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie