cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Former or Inactive members

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was thinking the other day about guys that were very active on this forum for a while and dropped off for one reason or another:

1. Caddywhompus
2. Jimmy034
3. crappiefisherman
4. LAdams (former moderator)
5. skipnchar

I know I am missing a bunch...
92 REPLIES 92

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
ol' yeller wrote:
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
What's happened to 'Francesca Knowles'?

I am pretty worried about Francesca. We were keeping in touch for a long time, and we were supposed to get together with her in Anacortes.
Sent a couple more pm's last month, and haven't heard from her still.
If anyone has an update, please let me know.

As she posted under her real name you could Google her name as I did and discover she was a partner in a nursery in Port Hadlock, WA. You could call there and inquire. I started to research and felt creepy doing it because I was just curious. Those who had some contact with her may feel differently.

Thanks ol' yeller. I will see if I can find her, since we are headed up there next month. I appreciate your help.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
jwmII wrote:
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

I am pretty worried about Francesca. We were keeping in touch for a long time, and we were supposed to get together with her in Anacortes.

Really!! You too. I'm on the verge of it. They are a Clique on IRV2 and if they think you have crossed them they will do their best to run you off. Most of the time their forum doesn't offer that much.
This forum is hands down one of the best around. A bunch of knoobs moderating over there.

I have to agree with this.
I found out over there, you don't "disagree" with the old-timers. You'll get a warning. Then, if you ask about it, they just ban you, like they did me.:)
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Really!! You too. I'm on the verge of it. They are a Clique on IRV2 and if they think you have crossed them they will do their best to run you off. Most of the time their forum doesn't offer that much.
This forum is hands down one of the best around. A bunch of knoobs moderating over there.
jwmII

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Like Carl, I read the forum just about every day, but don't post very often as we aren't RVers any longer. During the time we were, gas went from $1.50 to $4.50, state parks from $10 a night to near $30, and some private CGs have soared to over $100 a night in places.

On Soc Sec and a corporate pension, it just got too costly. When we realised we were taking money from our IRA's to pay for RVing, we decided to bag it.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

acker1
Explorer
Explorer
What about Gary ??? went by Ghost???. He was a jeweler from Pa. Was very active in the picture posting thread.

DICK
40' 2010 Phaeton QTH
toad--2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup 4X4
Viet Vet '65, Ia Drang Valley survivor (We Were Soldiers)
Elks
www.4ezdaz.com Same site, different URL

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see I've been a member for some time. I don't post a lot, but I'm here reading a lot, and recognize many of the usernames mentioned. The tow vehicle section is my favorite just to get a laugh from the brand bashing wars, even though I try my best not to get in on it. Drive what you want and be happy. RV.net has been a great source of info, and entertainment, and I hope we/it continues for a long time as I don't do Facebook etc. DW and I work full time for another 5 years and are very busy right now, but camping season is here, and retirement just around the corner, so I'll try to stay involved here more. Happy trails everyone!
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
subcamper wrote:
Another person who used to post a lot was:

JJBIRISH

He had some good info and opinions.

According to the search, his last post was 11/20/14.

Steve

I always enjoyed and generally agreed with JJ's posts. If I remember correctly he was from central Ohio. Since I'm not that far away I always thought he would probably be someone I'd enjoy sharing a campfire with.

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

As she posted under her real name you could Google her name as I did and discover she was a partner in a nursery in Port Hadlock, WA. You could call there and inquire. I started to research and felt creepy doing it because I was just curious. Those who had some contact with her may feel differently.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt anyone's missing me on irv2. I got banned. So, I spend my time here & on the RV forums community.:)
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Jarlaxle wrote:
burlmart wrote:
BigDaddyHfx wrote:
RV Tips has really taken off on Facebook (28,000+ members). I find I come here less and less. I still enjoy this site but maybe others have found alternatives as well.

ever sInce Admin noted there is a marked downturn in RV.net posts speaking to a thread in the Class B forum, i have been wondering where everyone went. i wondered if the groups sponsored by each manufacturer were gaining, or yahoo groups, or social media groups like you posted. may need to look into FB.

I gave up when I realized someone had an ax to grind with me and didn't have the rocks to be up front about it.

The posts are down because it's the same people spouting the same prejudices about tires and other products and issues. They are going to other forums and Facebook groups.

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart wrote:
BigDaddyHfx wrote:
RV Tips has really taken off on Facebook (28,000+ members). I find I come here less and less. I still enjoy this site but maybe others have found alternatives as well.

ever sInce Admin noted there is a marked downturn in RV.net posts speaking to a thread in the Class B forum, i have been wondering where everyone went. i wondered if the groups sponsored by each manufacturer were gaining, or yahoo groups, or social media groups like you posted. may need to look into FB.

I gave up when I realized someone had an ax to grind with me and didn't have the rocks to be up front about it.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
hone eagle wrote:
jarLaxle

You rang?
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Two people that come to mind.

Crazy Cooter. He had a 300C when I was going through all my grief with my 370C. He was very good at modifications and even contemplated adding an axle if I remember correctly.

The other guy I'm thinking of but can't remember his name. He was building his own toy hauler from scratch. I think he had the Ram with two rear axles.