cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Found good over night stays on 95.

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
After our usual stop at Carolina Crossroads in North Carolina, (nice)For snowbirds on east coast traveling 95 to Florida, we stayed at 2 nice stops I am passing along. In South Carolina, New Green Acres in Walterboro, (traffic noise from 95 could be bothersome to some) and in South Carolina, Coastal Georgia RV Resort in Brunswick, GA. We didn't use any facilities, but both are FHU, have plenty of pull thrus, convenient, attractive and easy to get in and out of. Coastal GA RV resort is right next to the Flying J truck stop. We stayed 2 nights for a break. It's a relatively new park and very attractive.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW
18 REPLIES 18

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
pennysmom09 wrote:
After our usual stop at Carolina Crossroads in North Carolina, (nice)For snowbirds on east coast traveling 95 to Florida, we stayed at 2 nice stops I am passing along. In South Carolina, New Green Acres in Walterboro, (traffic noise from 95 could be bothersome to some) and in South Carolina, Coastal Georgia RV Resort in Brunswick, GA. We didn't use any facilities, but both are FHU, have plenty of pull thrus, convenient, attractive and easy to get in and out of. Coastal GA RV resort is right next to the Flying J truck stop. We stayed 2 nights for a break. It's a relatively new park and very attractive.
Those are the exact two I stay at when traveling from Fort Lauderdale to Asheville and back again. I agree. Both are excellent stops.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Carb Cleaner wrote:
Good info.
I was working on assumptions, seeing what looked like an aged front parking lot and mortar/block materials with no interior walls or store fronts. It didn't jade my opinion. I thought it was smart to capitalize on a real estate opportunity, which, I guess Earl has. However, Earl's ability to find the land, engineer it and keep it spectacularly clean, doesn't negate the odor. Some people may be more sensitive to it than others. I had an adult beverage and got over it, then, left in the morning.

It was a good assumption considering how well the campground is maintained. Not sure what Earl was thinking. His brother is a Real Estate Broker and at one time owned all the land around the campground (not the truck stops' land though) with the plans to develop a large commercial complex there. Ten years later the lots are still vacant, several of them have changed hands several times. Most of us that live down the road from the campground hope it stays that way, but it would be nice if they'd clean up the strip mall in front of the campground.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
pennysmom09 wrote:
I wonder if we are talking about the same Coastal RV park.

Sure does not sound like it,,,, I may be confused, but you described the location .. Wonder if there is another park nearby.

Most likely you guys are not talking about the same place. There is a dump of a campground not 2 miles from Coastal GA RV Resort called Golden Isles RV Resort. This is most likely the place Wa8yxm is talking about. It's okay for a quick overnight stay because it is cheap, but I'd rather stay at the Flying J, TA or in the Winn Dixie parking lot than pay to stay at Golden Isles RV Resort.

-Michael
Michael Girardo

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
pennysmom09 wrote:
I wonder if we are talking about the same Coastal RV park. This one is the most pristine and emmacutely landscaped place we've seen. Perfectly level patio and amazing pool, bathhouse, laundry. We were told the park is only 5 yrs. old. Anyway, I guess everyone has their own idea of what is good for,them. It is by a lake and a nice fishing area you can back into to as well.

Sure does not sound like it,,,, I may be confused, but you described the location .. Wonder if there is another park nearby.

In any case, Lots of wet here this AM, been raining all night/day/night and looks to not clear till Tanksgiving at the earliest.

Many folks overnight here at Cathead Creek. but its a small park, mostly pull through (like 20 sites pull through out of 24) no trees though so your Sat TV works.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
That's not an old strip mall, that's part of the campground. Earl, the owner, had that built with the campground. He envisioned a restaurant at the corner location closest to the office and other shops and boutiques in the rest of the strip.

The "paper plant" is a Georgia Pacific pulp mill a few miles up the road from the RV Resort. The locals here don't even realize this place stinks; I guess they are use to it.

-Michael

Good info.
I was working on assumptions, seeing what looked like an aged front parking lot and mortar/block materials with no interior walls or store fronts. It didn't jade my opinion. I thought it was smart to capitalize on a real estate opportunity, which, I guess Earl has. However, Earl's ability to find the land, engineer it and keep it spectacularly clean, doesn't negate the odor. Some people may be more sensitive to it than others. I had an adult beverage and got over it, then, left in the morning.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
We used to stay at New Green Acres on our trips to and from FL, but discovered Coastal Georgia last year. No more New Green acres for this guy. Coastal Georgia is pretty danged awesome.

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
We used to live in a town with a BEET Plant and yes visitors said it smelled, but after a couple of weeks you smelled nothing except when the wind blew sometimes.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
That's not an old strip mall, that's part of the campground. Earl, the owner, had that built with the campground. He envisioned a restaurant at the corner location closest to the office and other shops and boutiques in the rest of the strip.

The "paper plant" is a Georgia Pacific pulp mill a few miles up the road from the RV Resort. The locals here don't even realize this place stinks; I guess they are use to it.

-Michael
Michael Girardo

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Coastal Georgia RV Resort this past September. It is pretty new, situated behind an old strip mall that's being revamped. You can see the strip mall on Coastal's web site. Not that it's a bother, just an observation. The facilities were immaculate. I mean, Spic & Span, white glove clean. It made an impression. The staff was top shelf, too. One caveat is the Brunswick Smell. If you've driven on 95 past Brunswick, you know what I'm talking about. Paper plant, or something. We stayed there as a willy-nilly stop-over on the way home.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

whencanwego
Explorer
Explorer
We overnight at Inland Harbor RV Park, exit 49 at Darien, GA. Long pull-thru.. you don't have to unhook your toad. Easy off & on exit. Several gas stations nearby. Also,outlet mall at this exit, but we usually stop only to sleep and are on the road again at daylight.

FLGup
Explorer
Explorer
JAXFL wrote:
imadtchmn wrote:
pennysmom09 wrote:

I prefer to keep my RV on dry land, ๐Ÿ™‚

Now that is FUNNY

We almost tried it in October near the Smokies. "Sure, we want to be creek side". Ha. Then the rains came.....

FL-Guppie "small fish in a big pond"
2024 Grand Design 22MLE
2018 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost, maxtow

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carolina Crossroads has become a regular for us as well. Modern CG with everything you could need & they allow RV washing.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree with Green Acres for an overnight.

We have also stopper several times at Walkabout CG at Georgia exit #7, just North of the submarine base at Kingsland. A nice last stop on the way home to Orlando. Run by a charming young couple from Oz.

Go into St Mary's and have fried oysters at St. Mary's Seafood (about 4 miles East of I-95, on the right). Best on the coast.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
JAXFL wrote:
imadtchmn wrote:
pennysmom09 wrote:

I prefer to keep my RV on dry land, ๐Ÿ™‚

Now that is FUNNY

LOL....gave me quite a chuckle too. Meant to say, back-in sites by the lake are quite nice for fishing!
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW