cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

generator price too good to be true?

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I saw this on the internet so it has to be for real, right?

Anyone ever hear of these folks? Looks like a great deal and a scam. I did a quick search and found nothing about this company good or bad. Just wondering.

https://globays.com/
33 REPLIES 33

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
What is their address? Of course there ain't one. Can you pick it up? Of course you can't. What is their phone number? Of course you can't call them. Real fine business with no address, no phone and no contact, don't you think?

That Westinghouse deal mentioned above is really something. Westinghouse Just check out the order five price!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
WTP-GC wrote:
UMMMM...I once bought a container with nearly $100K worth of tools for less than $5K.
It's gambling. Tell us about how many 'good deals' you fell for that were ripoffs.

This reminds me of those Deal Dash ads. Do you really think people are getting TV sets for $10?

What's likely happening is the product price is ridiculously low, but the shipping charges will be in the hundreds. Just google 'globays' to find it's a high-risk website. Wanna take a chance now?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
I agree that it looks completely false, but have you never come across a good deal before?
UMMMM, not that good.
x2. Not that good.

UMMMM...I once bought a container with nearly $100K worth of tools for less than $5K. Yes, it was legit and it absolutely ruined me on future good deals :B:B
Again, I'm not saying this website is legit or that anyone has a chance of getting what they bought. But I'm not so scared of my own shadow that I'm not willing to take a chance on something like this.

Regarding AMEX, if they attempted to hit my card, AMEX would probably not allow the charge to go through in the first place if it was a scam. But as suggested by someone else, they probably don't accept AMEX anyway.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
I agree that it looks completely false, but have you never come across a good deal before?
UMMMM, not that good.
x2. Not that good.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
They probably don't take Amex for that reason.

Maybe a Bank of America virtual credit card, single use with a $100 limit?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
Maybe a silly thought, but whatโ€™s the worse that can realistically happen? If they are a scam and I use my AMEX, I can assure that before I even blink an eye, AMEX will call me and issue a new card...especially is they steal the number and use it elsewhere. Or they take the number, charge the card and the product never arrives...AMEX will refund the charge.

Why bother? It's a false website made in China. You won't get what you ordered, or you may get something and it won't be exactly what your ordered and AMEX may insist that you return it so you can get a refund. Why take a chance? If it sounds too good to be true...
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
Maybe a silly thought, but whatโ€™s the worse that can realistically happen? If they are a scam and I use my AMEX, I can assure that before I even blink an eye, AMEX will call me and issue a new card...especially is they steal the number and use it elsewhere. Or they take the number, charge the card and the product never arrives...AMEX will refund the charge.

UMMMM, not that good.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
That site is super sketchy. Even the reviews are fake.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
My dad taught me many valuable lessons...

Two that stand out are that you usually get what you pay for and you can NOT cheat an honest man. {see also - If it sounds to good to be true...}

:S

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Send me your credit card info....I have Honda 2000 Companions on sale right now and would be more than than happy to ship today.

$159.95 per dozen.....Cramden Inc.

Great!!!!!
Bill them to my winnings from the Kenyan presidents funds.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Kavoom wrote:
No need to take chances. I was at Costco about a month ago here in Helena and they had Yamaha SC2000i's on sale for 549 bucks. I don't need one so, I turned my eyes away. There was a pallet of boxes and they were gone within days per my coming back three days later for something else. I don't think Costco is on the scam list.

NOW, that was a deal. OH wait, here it is at 499. https://www.costco.com/A-IPower-1600W-Running--2000W-Peak-Yamaha-Powered-Gas-Inverter-Generator.product.100343958.html
Those aren't Yamaha generators. They're "Yamaha powered." There's a big difference.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Boy did I overpay for my Champion. Why cant people just get a Job?
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
No need to take chances. I was at Costco about a month ago here in Helena and they had Yamaha SC2000i's on sale for 549 bucks. I don't need one so, I turned my eyes away. There was a pallet of boxes and they were gone within days per my coming back three days later for something else. I don't think Costco is on the scam list.

NOW, that was a deal. OH wait, here it is at 499. https://www.costco.com/A-IPower-1600W-Running--2000W-Peak-Yamaha-Powered-Gas-Inverter-Generator.product.100343958.html

It won't run your airco though. You need something like a Westinghouse WH2200iXLT at https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-WH2200iXLT-Portable-Inverter-Generator/dp/B00NHACROW

I have one of the above and it has started my airco for years now. Haven't tried it on the new one but it is smaller than the old pop up air conditioner.

The prices on these things have come down so much there is no need to hunt down deals and take chances like the old days.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The website registrar for that site is Shanghai Meicheng Technology Information Development Co., Ltd.. Also found this on Scamwarners:Shanghai Mecheng Development Co Ltd.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton