Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Georgia for snowbird

Retired48
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
My first post here and looking for any suggestions:
Just purchased a class c motorhome and want to get away from the cold in upstate NY for a month in February.
Looking at only southern Ga. for the first go round as my wife doesnโ€™t want to do Florida yet. I know the temperature not as warm in ga but compared to what we get it will be ok.
Any help or ideas are welcome.
Thank you,
John
19 REPLIES 19

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We are from Western NY and feel your pain! We will be snowbirds for the first time this coming winter. We looked at South Carolina and Georgia and ended up booking in Florida. Our thoughts were that if we were going to spend the money to get out of Western NY....to get out of the snow...I wasn't going to deal with winterizing/summerizing/winterizing/summerizing. We wanted WARM!!! So we're going down by Cocoa Beach area. Not one day below 45 degrees last winter.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you will need to like it cool; 50's to 70 would be typical but sub freezing occasionally. But you will get less crowding and more available sites. Lots of really nice USACE sites. We like northern, inland FL for same reasons.
Jayco-noslide

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Retired48 wrote:
I know the temperature not as warm in ga .....

What does your wife have against Florida ??

The northern part of the trip might be your biggest problem if the weather should turn bad.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We usually spend a week or two at Crooked River State Park, St Marys, GA just a few miles from the FL border off I-95 on our way to FL. There's a few private parks there as well that should have monthly sites, although next winter may already be booked up. Dick is right though, leave your Speedo at home... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Leave your bathing suit at home...
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)