Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam RV Parking Rights Notification for Marina, CA

baldcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Attention RV Owners in Marina, CA

The Good Sam Club RV Parking Rights Advisory Council is a small group of Good Sam member volunteers who assist fellow RVers affected by discriminatory legislation restricting RV parking. We have recently been alerted that your community is considering an ordinance which may prevent you from parking your RV on your street or property.

There is an important meeting taking place with the planning board and itโ€™s vital that you and your fellow RV owners attend. For more information, contact Gary (local contact) at 831-384-4327 or gkrejsa@comcast.net
"It's never to late to have a happy childhood"
Terry & Betty Minger
Past Tennessee State Director
The Good Sam Club
2004 HR Scepter
4 REPLIES 4

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Whaddaya expect from a City that since November last has made chickens fill out a registration form and pay a fee? Presumably in chicken feed...

Whaddaya expect from the RV Net "chicken"?..:R

Cackling? - Eggs for breakfast? - Ruffled feathers?..:@

~

wintersun
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Your street" is a common misconception. No one owns the street in front of their house. They did not pay for the land or for the construction of the road or its ongoing maintenance over a period of many years. That is all paid for by the taxpayers for this common property.

No one has the god give or any other right to public property for their own personal use as a private parking facility. How does that make any sense?

I understand the RV industry wanting to continue with this subsidy which is all to prevalent in the US where taxpayers subsidize the auto and trucking industries, the oil and coal industries, the farmers, the ranchers, and all the corporate polluters. Just because it is done 99% of the time does not make it a right to operate in this manner.

I store all my personal property on my personal property or pay for storage at a privately operated storage facility. I pay my own way - what a concept!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Whaddaya expect from a City that since November last has made chickens fill out a registration form and pay a fee? Presumably in chicken feed...

I respectfully disagree. Although it seems humorous on the surface, a careful reading of the ordinance will reveal a valid reason behind this form. It allows the keeping of chickens for egg production only.

It helps eliminate: odors, the raising of fighting chickens, and the human treatment of the chickens by providing a secure, clean and ventilated chicken coop. It also regulates the number of chickens that can be kept.

I applaud the city for allowing egg producing chickens, within reasonable boundaries, while at the same time, trying to eliminate some common problems associated with the keeping of chickens.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien