cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great Service from Scan Gauge

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not just a great product but backed up by tremendous customer service. Now that is a combination I can live with. Sold the truck after buying our Class C and job one was to move the scan gauge from the truck to the C. The truck had the 5.4L, the C has the 6.8L V-10. I recoded the gauge for the bigger engine but could not get the transmission fluid temp to read out.

One call and a couple of e mails later I had a set of codes for the "X Gauge" and once again I am reading transmission fluid temp. I tried to get oil temp to read but only the diesels put out that data. I'll run with coolant and trans fluid temps along with current and average mpg for my four displays. Looking forward to improving my average mpg with a little practice. You really ought to look into getting one of these. :B
4 REPLIES 4

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing the scanguage can be programed for is the slip for auto trans
By looking at that function,75% of the time that I thought the trans was downshifting,it actually was unlocking the TC.30% slip sounds like going from
OD to direct.This allows you to shift to lower gear before slip occurs
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
powderman426 wrote:
Its good the hear that your happy with your Scangauge, but not everyone has the extra money. A good alternative to that is the Elm bluetooth connector if you have a smart phone, tablet or laptop though I think using a laptop is a little excessive. Anyway the Elm can be bought for about $12 on ebay and the Torque app is another $5. With this setup you get everything the scangauge does and more and less than $20. JMO

My Scangauge was way cheaper than a smartphone. Will your App give you MPG for today, the previous day, since you last started the engine and for the current tank of gas? Does it track the highest water temp for today? Highest RPM, MPH and others?
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Its good the hear that your happy with your Scangauge, but not everyone has the extra money. A good alternative to that is the Elm bluetooth connector if you have a smart phone, tablet or laptop though I think using a laptop is a little excessive. Anyway the Elm can be bought for about $12 on ebay and the Torque app is another $5. With this setup you get everything the scangauge does and more and less than $20. JMO
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I have two but have never needed any customer service. I am toying with the idea of sending the older one in to have it reflashed and updated.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900