cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

jlee745
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you get one of those mirrors. I have never seen one.
Our camping photos2008 Jayco Jayflight 28bhs
2001 F-150 5.4 Supercrew 4x4
2000 F/S 17ft. Javelin
2 50cc scooters

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Too much good info to let it slip away.

Grab one of those mirrors that slips over the tailgate for easy one person hookup of travel trailer.

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
If you've got a roof vent with a non-removable screen (like the one in my Tiger's bathroom), you know what a pain it can be to have a leaf or dead bug on top of the screen. You can open the cover a bit and hope the wind from driving cleans it out.

But I found a simpler solution the other day, after a weekend of camping under trees in Md. (2 oak leaves with a big dead fly).

I opened the cover, and gave it a few blasts of keyboard-cleaning compressed air from inside. Done.

Jim, "These opinions may not be mine... let alone those of my boss."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Had a thought today when I was cleaning that leather in the MoHO. Did you all know that diaper wipes make the best cleaner for leather? They are made of a good fiborous material and will holdup well to scrubbing. Works wonderfully on leather sneakers too. If you have stubborn black marks, Just keep after them, they will disappear. rose
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Sticky for those newbies that might not know about all this good info.

SkipPi
Explorer
Explorer
Covered in this forum but a great "gizmo" to have/pack

Temp Gun for tires and...

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
A great gadget is a thermometer with a remote sensor. I monitor freezer temperature with mine. It might surprise you what is going on in there. Maybe you don't want to know? ๐Ÿ™‚ Useful for other locations too, like refrigerator, holding tanks, storage areas, etc. $10-$12 at Walmart.

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
SkipPi wrote:
I use two (2) "Y" w/valves adapters

One at the hose bib on the pole
and one on the TT input.

This lets me purge the air out of the hose when setting up.

Plus drain the pressure in the hose when GRTG
(Getting Ready To Go)

I like that! That would make it a lot easier to roll up the flat hose I have (without having to disconnect the one end of the hose and throw it on the ground)
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

SkipPi
Explorer
Explorer
I use two (2) "Y" w/valves adapters

One at the hose bib on the pole
and one on the TT input.

This lets me purge the air out of the hose when setting up.

Plus drain the pressure in the hose when GRTG
(Getting Ready To Go)

busch2fan
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed the BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars on my Mountaineer...

Easy install... and WOW what a difference!!!!
Amazing how something so simple can work so perfectly!!!

One word of advice - do not use the supplied fasteners for screwing to the frame... buy some 1/4x3/4" stainless hex bolts and locking nuts. The supplied fasteners are cheap and I twisted three off trying to use them before I decided to "upgrade". :B

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
A cordless electric drill and the proper adapter make fast work of raising and lowering trailer stabilizers.

Too much good stuff in this thread to bury it on page three.

Lou_Castle
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of shutoffs. Not only is the one at the end of the hose that TomG2 mentions useful but something similar is one at the bathroom sink. This product is called an EZ Flow. It's a plastic stick that hangs straight down from the faucet. You turn on the water but nothing comes out until you push the stick to the side. As soon as you move your hand away from it the water shuts off. You only need the water on to wet your hands or face and then wash off the soap. You can also set it to run continuously if you wanted to fill up the sink.

I use a shutoff at the shower as RoadWarriors2 mentions. It helps with the navy showers. I adjust it so that the water trickles out, otherwise there's sometimes a cold blast when you turn it on again.

I also like a "Y" connector for use at the bib from the water supply. It lets me run the house water and another hose for rinsing the black tank without having to trade the hoses.

I also like quick connects at both ends of the hoses.

All of these products can be found at this site Water Filter Store
Regards,

Lou Castle, Los Angeles, CA
2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS
1991 Jeep Wrangler

RoadWarriors2
Explorer
Explorer
We put one of those shut off valves in our shower to save water.
Tony & Maria :B

2007 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QSH
Cat C7
Freightliner
Allison 3000
Jeep Liberty

Viet Nam Vet 66-67, 173rd Assault Helicopter Crew Chief - "Robin Hoods"

Travel Blog: www.roadwarriors2.blogspot.com

Another day, another 100,000 brain cells gone........

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpy Bump

A Shutoff at the end of the hose where you attach it to your trailer makes hooking and unhooking a snap. Saves steps, attach hose to faucet, turn faucet on with valve off. Attach hose to trailer, open valve. Check for leaks and turn off valve if needed, right there. Hope this makes sense, it really does work.

SkipPi
Explorer
Explorer
The same dryer sheets can be used to repel gnats

I tie one to my belt -I may smell like a ???
But the gnats stay away.