cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

toprudder
Explorer
Explorer
Wiscampsin wrote:
It would be a good idea if she could actually see what she was doing. Now add a mirror to where the pole bends and you might just have something there.

Nah, not hi-tech enough. Would be better with a wireless camera, and video goggles. ๐Ÿ™‚
Bob, Martha, and Matt.
Tucker, the Toy Poodle
'09 K-Z MXT20, '07 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Toprudder.com

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
That picture could be used by a company selling slide toppers! :B
It is already! And if another company uses it, I'm sure that they will hear Westland Camping Center, who copywrited the picture and developed the product.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
It would be a good idea if she could actually see what she was doing. Now add a mirror to where the pole bends and you might just have something there.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
That picture could be used by a company selling slide toppers! :B
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
That's one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" products.

Jerry9n
Explorer
Explorer
This is one of those things you sit around the campfire and think about. For those of us that have slides but no toppers:

I was sent this by a local camping store which I have no interest in other than it is a neat product. Here is a link to their article (sales pitch) on it.
Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
we took one set of drawers and put it in the wardrobe-leaves plenty of room for jackets and dressy shirts above it, just cant hang a dress or long coat anymore(no loss to us :)). the space wasnt completely full from side-to-side so the folders with manuals for appliances and our almanac and tourbook round it out.
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
LuckeyUs wrote:
We got 2 of the plastic towers with drawers (from Walmart), stacked them almost to the ceiling & bolted them to the wall. Drill a hole so you can Bungee cord down the front of the tower to keep the drawers closed while driving. We like the ones that have small & large drawers. They offered such an amazing amount of storage in a small space.

We did something similar to that in our other trailer. The difference is that I only had one small set (4 drawers) that held dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, etc. I would take it to use outside when the weather was nice so we did not permanently mount it.
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
We got 2 of the plastic towers with drawers (from Walmart), stacked them almost to the ceiling & bolted them to the wall. Drill a hole so you can Bungee cord down the front of the tower to keep the drawers closed while driving. We like the ones that have small & large drawers. They offered such an amazing amount of storage in a small space.

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Great_Danes wrote:
WHEW!!! Finally fiished all 103 pages(20 posts per page). So many great tips to utilize I don't know where to start. The 5er is in storage right now and it's cold so I can only do minor interior things for now.

I will post my own hints once I figure some out that haven't been posted here yet ๐Ÿ˜‰ Keep 'em coming!

Post them anyway, even if it is a repeat! Sometimes I forget I have already read "that one" and jot it down (again) to use next Season. I have re-read this entire thread several times and still see something I have forgotten or missed the first time around.
Guess I am having more "Grey Moments" than I thought! LOL :B
Happy Trails, Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

Great_Danes
Explorer
Explorer
WHEW!!! Finally fiished all 103 pages(20 posts per page). So many great tips to utilize I don't know where to start. The 5er is in storage right now and it's cold so I can only do minor interior things for now.

I will post my own hints once I figure some out that haven't been posted here yet ๐Ÿ˜‰ Keep 'em coming!
Cheers,
GD

2011 F350 Crewcab Lariat 4x4 6.7L PSD
2010 Fuzion 302 TE II

darrentonya
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the plates and napkin holder that you can hang from the cabinet. Wish they made something for silverware like that. But we love having them right there where we can just grab them and go instead of having to go in the cabinet and get them down. Also when company comes they know right where they are.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
DSDKECK wrote:
This is something I was going to order for home and thought it would be good for the camper to. They are cheep can organizers made of cardboard instead of the more expensive plastic or metal ones. They hold multiple size cans even soda or juice cans. Will always have older items being used first.

The Can Organizer

http://www.thecanorganizer.com

My only problem with that is I would be stacking stuff on top of them and not sure the cardboard would last, and we don't bring more than a couple cans of any one item and then we would have to keep pulling and reinserting all the other cans until we found the one we were looking for. If you stock up a lot of canned goods they would be alright.

I kinda agree, My mom would load 200 pounds of canned goods to take to AZ when they camped. We,on the other hand, just buy a can or two when we shop in AZ.

I'm saving a bunch of diesel buy not carrying them around LOL.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
DSDKECK wrote:
This is something I was going to order for home and thought it would be good for the camper to. They are cheep can organizers made of cardboard instead of the more expensive plastic or metal ones. They hold multiple size cans even soda or juice cans. Will always have older items being used first.

The Can Organizer

http://www.thecanorganizer.com

My only problem with that is I would be stacking stuff on top of them and not sure the cardboard would last, and we don't bring more than a couple cans of any one item and then we would have to keep pulling and reinserting all the other cans until we found the one we were looking for. If you stock up a lot of canned goods they would be alright.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

DSDKECK
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I might try to make something like one of these for kids bunks.