cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

pianojuggler
Explorer
Explorer
Cable Clamps. I love these things.

KrisinCO
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Lucy! Great ideas:) I still get a kick out of the hot tub on the deck:B
2004 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax
2 ATVs

SO MANY ROADS, SO LITTLE TIME
Our Blog

Geocache B'wana and Faithful Follower

HeresLucy
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some pictures of Stuff we use.

I want to get a couple of those 3M stainless steel peel/stick hooks. I sure do like the looks of those vs. the white plastic ones.

Lucy
2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Great ideas ... THX
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

isa
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have an outside metal vent for your microwave / oven that makes a lot of noise when the wind blows ? Go to the hardware store and buy a sheet of stick on felt tabs that usually has several different sizes. Place them around both the vent lid and the outside edge and the noise will be eliminated.

P.S. You may have to remove a grille to get to the actual vent lid.

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
Bump
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

2001 Ford F250 2WD Lariat Super Cab 7.3
2003 Outback 28' fiver 527RLS
1972 Ford F350 22' Beaver C Class!

Jim102
Explorer
Explorer
Kris,

Great additions to your MH, I will use some of them in ours..

Thanks,

Jim
2018 Jayco Precept 29V Class A
Air Force 1969 - 1973

KrisinCO
Explorer
Explorer
These two simple items have freed up a couple drawers in our RV. I found the thing that holds the silverware at a $ store and it stays on the dining table. The other one holds all my favorite cooking implements and stays on the counter next to the stove.

2004 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax
2 ATVs

SO MANY ROADS, SO LITTLE TIME
Our Blog

Geocache B'wana and Faithful Follower

Bill_Hamilton
Explorer
Explorer
dogdiva wrote:
Thanks to this forum, I have the problem of the "moving Rugs" solved. I used extra strength velcro making 6 inch long strips and anchoring the corners of the rugs to the floor(carpet) so far so good.

Works great on the floor mats of vehicles.
2006 Safari Simba
Gone 2005 31W Fleetwod Tioga SL - Not my problem anymore!
1996 Jeep Cherokee Toad

Dshultz50
Explorer
Explorer
Use car polish/wax and wax the inside of the toilet bowl. The "stuff" will slide right on down without hanging up. Works great on the inside of sinks and the shower, too.
I am so clever that sometimes I donโ€™t understand a single word of what I am saying.

Dee & Bob
1990 Fleetwood 5er
2 cats - Donner and Dasher
12 grandkids

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
phays wrote:
Having problems adding water to some of your battery cells? My batteries are under my steps and the back cells are hard to reach. I normally use a sports drink bottle filled with distilled water and squirt water into the cells as needed. However, with the "difficult" cells, I discovered that a Fleets enema container does a really good job. Don't ask why I have the container. Just empty the contents and fill with distilled water. The tube on the bottle gives you the extra reach you need to get to the battery cells and the bottle is small enough to control. There is also a cap for the bottle to prevent spilling when not in use.

Or goto your local Dollar General or housing supply store. Get some ketchup bottles, usually only about 50 cents per. Great for alot of things. I use them for waxes annd transfering oil to air compressors and methanol for the air system on my truck at work.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

campandride
Explorer
Explorer
phays wrote:
Having problems adding water to some of your battery cells? My batteries are under my steps and the back cells are hard to reach. I normally use a sports drink bottle filled with distilled water and squirt water into the cells as needed. However, with the "difficult" cells, I discovered that a Fleets enema container does a really good job. Don't ask why I have the container. Just empty the contents and fill with distilled water. The tube on the bottle gives you the extra reach you need to get to the battery cells and the bottle is small enough to control. There is also a cap for the bottle to prevent spilling when not in use.

excellent idea. thanks

dogdiva
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to this forum, I have the problem of the "moving Rugs" solved. I used extra strength velcro making 6 inch long strips and anchoring the corners of the rugs to the floor(carpet) so far so good.
Now, please help me solve this"
The bottom of the commode needs something to clean it and i am afraid of using anything caustic , its the base plate that moves when you flush.....a brush will not clean it up. Any ideas out there??????????
Elizabeth and Henry..... rescues

Crickett, Beau, Lady, Dixie, Batman, Penny, Bonnie Colleen, SouiX C, George, Willie, Pierre, Shandi. Honey, Patches ,Gumby...WAITING at the Rainbow Bridge

phays
Explorer
Explorer

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Heres something that solved the problem of remembering to restart the refrigerator when fueling.
Soon as I stop the engine at the service station or propane fill area, I pull the keys and put them in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator. Turn off the refrigerator and/or furnace and fill with fuel.
WHen I get back into the RV, I can't start the engine until I retrieve the keys and restart the appliances.
Works for me.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox