cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
dalenoel wrote:
Our old TT had a corner sink and was very dark under there. A motion activated light under the sink when on whenever we opened the door. Went out shortly after being shut and the batteries lasted the entire season.

Where did you get that from?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our old TT had a corner sink and was very dark under there. A motion activated light under the sink when on whenever we opened the door. Went out shortly after being shut and the batteries lasted the entire season.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Bayerlake
Explorer
Explorer
Here's something that has worked for us. We have a closet that covers the entire width of the TT. It us dark in there. So, I found two of the sekf stickibg LED puck lights and stuck them to the underside of the closet shelf. One for DW and one for me. They work great.
Diana
Northern Wisconsin

Bayerlake
Explorer
Explorer
Fabulous idea!!
Diana
Northern Wisconsin

Bayerlake
Explorer
Explorer
Every one of these suggestions are GREAT!!!
Diana
Northern Wisconsin

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I found a stand off magnetic door holder at HD. It has to be installed to yet allow the standard one to also work. It was a little balancing act but this allows the big door and the screen to be opened and secured by the magnet door holder. Really cool to have the big door held with out needing the original one to be used. Many many days we are able to just let the magnet to hold the door and when we want to close it we just pull in it without leaving the trailer.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
(Bump.)

Small plastic baskets with stick-on silicone feet for loose small stuff.

We've got a lot of small loose stuff we like to keep close to hand in the RV whether on the road or parked. We have 6 if I counted right, each its own immediately available "toolbox" for the kind of stuff in it. Emphasis on small, about 4" x 6" x 2" high. One small silicone foot each corner. Once set down on countertop they don't move until DW or I move them. Caveat that we don't travel real rough bumpy roads, but for the travel we've done they stay where put.

Also have a small bookshelf for our RVing library, big enough for couple dozen standard size paperbacks. One silicone foot on each corner and it hasn't moved a bit in the couple years it's been sitting on the countertop.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmm - Bongs and Hookas - - "....yum to the nines"

followed by - #2 spray??..

~

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually, DW gave me a bottle of Poo Pouri one Christmas as a gag gift. Boy, were we surprised when the stuff actually worked as advertised!

Try it before you poo poo it. :B (couldn't resist)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
#2 spray?
? Doesn't make sense 'as advertised'. Putting an oil film on top of the water to keeps the smell in? The water doesn't need any help keeping the smell in once you put your lumps in it. The 'problem' is the smell that escapes those lumps as they fall, plus whatever volume of gas accompanies them. I just don't see how a film of oil on top of the water will help any, other than the fruity or whatever smell comes from the oil masking the natural internal body scents.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
#2 spray
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Gruu wrote:
paulsang wrote:
legolas wrote:
Duck wrote:
We like to sip out of the bottle and pass it around.
Don

Like a hooka pipe just stick in 4 or 5 straws and away you go!

OMG~! Someone on these boards actually KNOWS what a 'Hooka Pipe' is! LMFAO!! :B
Back in my college days, a long time ago, we called them "bongs"

A bong was a single player act and passed. On the other hand
the Hooka has sever hoses coming off it and is shared by several people. Come to Dearborn Michigan on of the largest concentration of Muslim folk in the country. Good people, they enjoy the pipe daily in many areas and normally till the wee hours as there is no alcohol in the Hooka bars.
I will say with so many middle eastern restaurants here we are very fortunate to have so of the best food around. Only the very freshest of vegetables and lettuces are used by these restaurants , Yum to the nines!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Gruu
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Hookahs and bongs are two entirely different animals. One is for multiple users at one time and one is for an individual user that can be shared. ๐Ÿ™‚
While you may be right, they both serve the same purpose. You call them what you want and I will call them what we used to. FYI where I went to school bongs were made with multiple outlets also. Maybe I am just older than you, or younger.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hookahs and bongs are two entirely different animals. One is for multiple users at one time and one is for an individual user that can be shared. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Gruu
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:
legolas wrote:
Duck wrote:
We like to sip out of the bottle and pass it around.
Don

Like a hooka pipe just stick in 4 or 5 straws and away you go!

OMG~! Someone on these boards actually KNOWS what a 'Hooka Pipe' is! LMFAO!! :B
Back in my college days, a long time ago, we called them "bongs"