cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda Generator Pricing EU2000i

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to buy a new Honda EU2000i - best price I can find is $999.00 (free shipping + no tax) Anyone know of any better pricing? Thanks.
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!
25 REPLIES 25

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
oweninthekeys wrote:
Comparisons

It appears that the Powerhorse is as good as the Honda.

i looked at it in the store the other day - really liked the idea of the 30A outlet....they make pig tail adapters that let you plug into the 30A & have 3 - 15A plugs off it...potential to overload sure but at least you have outlets beyond the standard 2 - 15A.

being picky the only potential negatives i see are the weight (55lbs) and a slightly smaller (80cc) engine, but for 1/2 the price you could easily justify spending a little extra $ on an extended warranty.
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

Dalo
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a Yamaha 2000W inverter from PPL Motorhomes in Texas. Paid $906 with no tax and free shipping. I've owned both Hondas and Yamahas and consider them equals. Both very reliable. Almost all of the cheaper brands are heavier and noisier.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 with 5.9L Cummins, K&N air filter, Magnaflow exhaust and Hypertech power programmer
2003 Alumascape 26' travel trailer

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
oweninthekeys wrote:
Comparisons

If I'm not mistaken, they come out of SC. Not sure if there built in China but my Northern Tool guy told me they came from SC.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I looked into.alot of.generators... After calling.the customer.service.depts on the.chinese gens and telling them I needed service, parts etc.... I will gladly.pay for a honda or yamaha. They are the quietest, and they have the repair and parts facilities pretty much.everywhere you might.travel
Proud father of a US Marine

oweninthekeys
Explorer
Explorer
Comparisons

USAF Retired 2000
DOD Civilian to Retire 2015
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi
Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Adapter Hitch
2014 Winnebago Lite Five FW30RES

oweninthekeys
Explorer
Explorer
bshpilot wrote:
i looked at this one today - little bigger than the honda EU2k - w/ a slightly larger fuel tank...
simular specs to the EU2k

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200623983_200623983

Liking the looks of this for half the price of a Honda and initial appearance of the same features. Will have to do some closer comparing on this.
USAF Retired 2000
DOD Civilian to Retire 2015
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi
Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Adapter Hitch
2014 Winnebago Lite Five FW30RES

MrWizard
The new champion remote start 3000 inverter
Has built in automatic electric choke,
Auto re*try if it doesn't start on first try
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
If the OP is open to a Honda clone, take a look at Champion. Big following on this forum and they seem to have good customer support. I wonder if you can even get parts for some of the other clones.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
There may be a reason why most manufactures are moving to China like the USA manufactures did. The Honda must have been way over priced years ago if they are still selling them for the same price today, may still be today.
Oh, what is the percentage that have one "serviced" at the dealer?

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
BubbaChris wrote:
bshpilot wrote:
BubbaChris wrote:

I did see one of the $600 knock-offs Costco sells at last weekend's CG and it sounded reasonably quiet. But who can service it 2 years from now?

w/ costco if it doesnt work ill just take it back and exchange it or get my money back, even if its 3 years old !

Personally I save this return option for real issues, not something that needs tune-ups every once in a while.

personally i know how to clean carbs & jets - the point is w/ costco you'll have better warranty than even honda dealers can provide....if you're concerned about a generator (w/ yamaha engine) and its reliability or longevity costco's policy goes a long way toward eliminating those fears.

you return it for the reasons you choose, others can do as they like - no questions asked....and costco is open 7 days a week....better than trying to return something (purchased over the web) or from a honda dealer (most powersport dealers are closed sundays & mondays if you need parts)
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
Here in va, it's bout the same .i got a i k for 649,plus tax. Running like new for 3/4yrs now. Now it's all happy-camping

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
bshpilot wrote:
BubbaChris wrote:

I did see one of the $600 knock-offs Costco sells at last weekend's CG and it sounded reasonably quiet. But who can service it 2 years from now?

w/ costco if it doesnt work ill just take it back and exchange it or get my money back, even if its 3 years old !

Personally I save this return option for real issues, not something that needs tune-ups every once in a while.

BTW, CAL Ranch started their $100 Gift Card promo again yesterday, runs through August 4th.

My mobile RV tech offered to sell me a Powerhouse genny with remote start. When I did my research I realized remote start would be most valuable at the times when I'd need to walk out there and turn on the choke too (thereby eliminating most of the value of remote start).
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't apply for you, but, earlier this Summer, the Commonwealth of Virginia had a tax holiday on emergency items, Hurricane Preparedness Week, that saved me 50 bucks (5%). I got an EU2000 Companion model for $999, out the door, from one of my local Honda dealers. The tax free holiday applied to generators under $1,000.
Nobody I spoke to knew of the tax holiday. After I mentioned it to the guy who answered the phone when I called to inquire about a generator, he thought I was joking and laughed. I told him to Google it and call me back.
Another thing. If you go the dealer route and they try to charge you a "Prep Fee", "Set-up Fee" or some other nonsense, tell them you can put gas and oil in it and pull the cord a dozen times to get the fuel flowing. My dealer did it anyway, without charging me the $45 fee and it took them 5 minutes. I'm not sure why they insisted. It was like they were afraid of something and wanted to be the first to start it. I was almost insulted, but figured what the heck. Now, there can't be any warranty arguments about improper initial start. Maybe, it's because I've been shopping there for 15 years. One time, I pushed my Harley to their dealership and had them put a new tube in a flat (I got a flat while out riding about a mile from them). I removed and replaced the wheel, because they wouldn't work on a Harley (liability issues), in their parking lot. That's why I try to support local, family owned businesses, rather than make a substantial purchase off the intrawebs.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
This does make me think. Good reviews. Half the price. Hmmmm?

Harbor Freight

64 db. Way to loud. Honda EU2000i= 53 t0 59.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch