cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how much Dicor to use?

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the process of applying Dicor lap sealant around everything that sticks out of my roof and one tube does not go very far. I'm just curious as to how many tubes most folks have to use for routine preventive maintenance on their roof. I have a 28' travel trailer.
7 REPLIES 7

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Our roof is of the TPO type. Dicor recommended using the primer with it before hand. Once you know the type of roof you have (EPDM, TPO, etc) contact Dicor and ask them. They are very helpful.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Filling in cracks on both of my 33 ft Class A and 5'ver will take 2-4 tubes. IMO people use way too much which just leads to issues down the road, or for the next guy.

For me, I clean the area well and make sure it is dry (overnight.) Working in 2-3 foot sections I apply a bead of Dicor. Using a plastic spoon or my finger I smooth it out over the cracked stuff to speed up the leveling process. 24 hours later everything is nice and pretty.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Amount of tubes is irrelevant it's proper coverage that matters.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
It Depends also on are you filling in cracks or removing old and replacing. I filled in cracks on ours for a few years and then started removing as much old as I could and replacing.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
How much Dicor you'll use depends on how thorough a job you do ... on our previous 24' KZ Spree I used 7 tubes to absolutely ensure there was no way it could leak. Simple solution though - buy more than you think you'll need and simply return those you don't end up using.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I emailed Dicor and asked them about this as well when Camping World stated they would need 12 tubes to seal my roof (trying to rip me off). Anyway, for my 31' rig, they stated that I would need no more than 6 tubes (plus a quart of their primer).
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
I think I used 4-5 tubes. If you have max-air vent covers on your roof vents, take them off and caulk underneath there too.

Clean up the covers then put them back on. A lot of hairline cracks in the sealant under there that you cannot see.

The caulk is expensive...but you are better off to pay now than later with leaks and damage.

It is a big job that takes time and patience.