cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraulic Levelers

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
When I first started to use my levelers, I found out I could program them to automatic level. I then wonder how that worked when you went to different camping spots. At first I thought the leveling was done with bubble levels. I now think that they are programed for each one to go to a set position and not by levels. What good would that do if you go to a different camp ground all the time and not the same spot? Seems like you should be manual adjusting the levelers and not with the programed setting. What do others do?
10 REPLIES 10

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help all of you!

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
ADAD437 wrote:
brand would be helpful but i think they are all about the same.

Power Gear

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have the semi-automatic HWH Levelers on my 'C'. Because my RV is pretty close to the ground, I bought the kick down type. All four go from horizontal to vertical at once. Then a screen that I can see from the driver's seat lights up a button for either front, rear, left or right pair. I push the button that's lit until the light goes out. Then it usually lights up a different light and I repeat the process. When all the lights are out, I'm level. Expensive, but they sure are handy when its raining or cold outside.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Big Foot system and just push the auto button and walk away to do the rest of the set up. Perfectly level each time which is important with the full wall slide.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

Community Alumni
Not applicable
On our HR Class A, I stopped using the 'auto' feature and simply deployed them manually until I felt the coach was level. I don't use a level, instead I use a bedroom pocket door and the exit door; when both will hold position without further opening or closing, the coach is level. Many rv'ers use the fridge door as a level guide.

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
brand would be helpful but i think they are all about the same.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

😛

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has a sensor and will auto level anywhere.
I can also manually adjust. Mine in HWH system.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

calewjohnson
Explorer
Explorer
You should level the system to your liking... I prefer slight nose up and slight right side up...makes water run off the back and also takes into account my heavy slide when out. Once done, follow the directions for the zero point...basically telling the system that is now the position for level.

I will say this, auto level is not always the most efficient. I have pushed the button and walked away, only to find it level with tires off the ground. I can go back and manually do it, and it is level at a much shorter stroke of the actuators.

Cale
TV: 2015 6.7 F350 CC LB 4x4 DRW with 14k GVWR option (4.3 gear), 98 gallon aux tank installed by Transfer Flow
New: 2014 Voltage 3950
Traded: 2014 Outback 323BH
Still Have: 2007 Fleetwood Nitrous 23ft Toy Hauler

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
On ours, the automatic feature finds level for you. It is not set in one position by length of the jacks, it is set in the coach level position, regardless of how long each jack extends. It is often easier to use than manual but on some sites, manual seems to work better. We have Power Gear Jacks.

When the auto feature is having problems finding level on a particularly lumpy site, we can often solve the problem by putting wooden blocks under the jacks on the lowest side (either front, back, left, or right).
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

banjo
Explorer
Explorer
Not bubble levels but usually an electrolytic tilt sensor. Dual axis (5 pin) sensors are accurate and inexpensive. Once you tell it what level is, it should return to that state each time you tell it to "Auto Level"
Banjo
2011 3500 DRW D/A CC LB 4X4
2011 Cameo 34SB3