cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm better because...

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had started to post this on another thread that had devolved into one of the usual "I'm better than you" arguments, but decided it might be time to create a thread just for this.

This is NOT to actually argue about these things (sheesh, we do that enough on all the other threads), but to list the various "I'm better because I" arguments that go on. Maybe we will see ourselves in some of these and smack our hands off the keyboard next time...

1. I'm better because I buy new - I'm better because I buy used
2. I'm better because I'm outside all the time - I'm better because I use the inside fully
3. I'm better because I go to campgrounds on the weekends - I'm better because I stay away from campgrounds on the weekends
4. I'm better because I RV - I'm better because I CAMP
5. I'm better because it's bigger - I'm better because I know how to get the most out of smaller (OK, I had to play with the wording on that)
6. I'm better because I have a toad - I'm better because I don't have a toad
7. I'm better because I only boondock - I'm better because I only stay at developed campgrounds - I'm better because I only stay at RV parks - I'm better because I only stay at Walmart and truckstops
8. I'm better because I have a DP - I'm better because I have a gasser - I'm better because I have a 5er - I'm better because I have a TT - I'm better because I have a TC - I'm better because I have a C - I'm better because I have a B - I'm better because I have a pop-up
9. I'm better because I move around every day - I'm better because I spend a week or more in one spot
10. I'm better because I full-time - I'm better because I part-time - I'm better because I weekend - I'm better because I do 2-week-stretches - I'm better because I snowbird
11. I'm better because I don't talk to other RVers/Campers - I'm better because I visit with everyone in the campground/park/Walmart/Truckstop/boondock location
12. I'm better because I always use hookups - I'm better because I never use hookups - I'm better because I do both
13. I'm better because I use flooded batteries - I'm better because I use AGM batteries - I'm better because I use 12v batteries - I'm better because I use 6v batteries
14. I'm better because I use solar - I'm better because I use a generator - I'm better because I use hookups - I'm better because I use none
15. I'm better because I don't make reservations - I'm better because I make reservations

What have I missed?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)
66 REPLIES 66

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm better because on our last outing while cooking over the open fire I had the mp3 player going with some Grateful Dead songs at a subtle volume. An elderly lady, (I'm 68 - get the irony) was walking her dog and stopped. My knee jerk reaction was Oh My Gosh! it's to loud. Don't want to offend any one, but I really like this album. The lady stopped and moved gently to the music, nodded and said, "I haven't heard that in a while." Smiled and moved on.
Yes, I'm better now.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah! Those are good ones! (OPM - too funny!)
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's some more that come up on here quite frequently, that I haven't seen anybody mention yet:

I'm better because I paid cash for my RV and get to live debt free. Nooo, I'm better, because I know how to use other people's money wisely, to have the things that I want while I'm still young enough to enjoy them.

I'm better because I never drive faster than 60mph with my RV, making me much safer because I can stop quicker. Nooo, I'm better, because I keep up with traffic (even if its going 70mph) and don't risk causing a traffic slowdown.

I'm better because I carry Emergency Roadside service (Good Sam ERS, AAA, whatever). Noooo, I'm better, because I'm resoureful enough to take care of my own problems without such, and don't have to spend $$ on roadside service plans.

I'm better because I carry a spare tire for my RV and am prepared to handle a flat tire on my own. Noooo, I'm better, because I rely on roadside service to take care of that, and don't have to waste $$ and space on my RV for a spare that will probably never be used.

The OP is exactly right - Threads/discusssions on here end up like this waaaaaay too often. In some cases it does take away from the intended purpose of forums like this.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh yes, the infamous "I'm better because I have a real life" vs. "I'm better because I take time to carefully read each and every post". I see that one on many many forums.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
2oldman wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
2oldman wrote:
16. because I use a GPS, because I use paper maps17. because I don't watch TV.- can't finish that one
Respecting other people's opinions is a lot harder than it sounds.

Thanks for "getting" this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚ Those are good ones I had forgotten about.
Thanks. You can now add another I'm better.. due to the above responses. Maybe "..because I have no sense of humor"

Ah yes, the:

19. I'm better because I take things literally - I'm better because I read humor in everything"

and

20. I'm better because I use sarcasm to get jabs in and you don't get that I'm not really joking - I'm better because I just get mean and you know I am not joking

21. You're better because you have too much time on your hands -
ahhhh - at your keyboard.

~

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am better because when I was growing up, mom always taught me that I was better than everyone else and therefore I could have and do whatever I wanted in life. I'm now in my sixties and still trying, in fact I am trying harder than ever to have and do whatever I want and it's just not working... Thanks mom. :M

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I'm better because I had an idea about what this thread should be like and my idea was RIGHT.

:: lololololol ::
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
I saw on one of those "how to be green" programs that a family used re-washable cloth squares made old clothing instead of paper.

They seemed to think their way was better.

I had a housemate in college who used a sponge he rinsed out in the bathroom sink.

No, I did not brush my teeth in that sink :).
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
We're all better than people that don't use this site because we all CAMP !
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
I saw on one of those "how to be green" programs that a family used re-washable cloth squares made old clothing instead of paper.

They seemed to think their way was better.
It's his Super Power!

Justus4
Explorer
Explorer
I'm better because I flush my TP down the toilet
vs
I'm better because I throw mine in the garbage. (eeewww)

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
I'm better because I use RV TP and you're Cheap Charlie and you'll have clogs if you don't use the same thing

vs

I'm better because I use what we use at home and you're a moron for paying that much for RV TP.
It's his Super Power!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I'm better than you because I stay in a campground rather than WalMart.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one that will most likely cause a nuclear explosion:

My ST Tires are BETTER than your LT tires! ๐Ÿ˜›

Or

My dog is so much better than yours, you should be glad to have his poop on your site.

I was going to comment on how dumb this thread is, then decided to play along...
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS