cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Laundry $$ @ Yellowstone

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
How much does it cost to wash & dry @ Yellowstone? We'll be at Fishing Bridge.

Also, we'll b at Coulter Bay RV Park the week before. I don't see anything about laundry facilities there. Do they have any or is it easier to go into Jackson?
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
34 REPLIES 34

westend
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
Also related to the cost is a couple of factors. All Laundromats aren't created equal. Does the washer get the water out of the clothes you just washed or do they come out "wringing wet"? Then put the "wringing wet" stuff in a dryer that is low on power which in turn causes low heat and you have to keep plugging quarters to get the stuff dry. Do they soften hard water for the washers? How about one, the places where they sell you a key lock card and you load it for so many dollars and you can only get the money back that you haven't used when the attendant is on duty? I had a friend that had both car washes and laundromats. He sold the car washes as they were PITA. I asked if the coin laundries were next on the chopping block. He looked at me and smiled "you gotta be kidding"! As we travel we know where there are laundries that work well, so we may have a big load when we get there.
This is why, when I'm in Yellowstone, I gather the laundry and tie it with a strong rope to a bowling ball I modified to have a ring. Place the bowling ball and clothes in the geyser hole, sit back and wait. If you get lucky the ball and clothes will land close to your site. ๐Ÿ˜‰
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also related to the cost is a couple of factors. All Laundromats aren't created equal. Does the washer get the water out of the clothes you just washed or do they come out "wringing wet"? Then put the "wringing wet" stuff in a dryer that is low on power which in turn causes low heat and you have to keep plugging quarters to get the stuff dry. Do they soften hard water for the washers? How about one, the places where they sell you a key lock card and you load it for so many dollars and you can only get the money back that you haven't used when the attendant is on duty? I had a friend that had both car washes and laundromats. He sold the car washes as they were PITA. I asked if the coin laundries were next on the chopping block. He looked at me and smiled "you gotta be kidding"! As we travel we know where there are laundries that work well, so we may have a big load when we get there.

quingus
Explorer
Explorer
We were there in 2012. Stayed six days, two loads lights and darks, $3 to wash, $4 to dry. Big loads needed a bit more drying. Safe to say $10 bucks a week for a budget. BTW that's $1.75 per load wash and $2 per load dry. I think my wife said there was a super size speed queen for blankets and super duty loads. $4 per load. 5 hose prices are three years old. So inflation, agitation, manipulation, sorry trailed off we were talking laundry not multitudes of people who rented an rv took there whole family 1500 mi one way for fun, to see if they like camping. Then had the audacity to ask me for help, after a loud three days and no camping etiquette at all, to unstick his trailer from the hitch. Gotta love it.

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Dustytuu wrote:
Does not anyone have a washer and dryer on board? We have in last 2 5th wheels we have had. Would not want to do without it.

No, we (& I'm sure many others) don't have a washer and dryer on board...There is the space for it but we do not fulltime so do not need them as a general rule. DH uses it for his music equipment! We're going to be on the road 3-4 weeks to YSNP & Tetons, which is the longest trip we've ever taken, with 8 YO DGD, so I'm sure we'll need to do laundry at some point! Probably even more than once.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I do not remember what the cost was so that means the price was reasonable.

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
We're full time and did not want washer/dryer on board.. Rather have that space, plus would need to be doing laundry waay too often, plus much longer drying times.. Traveling and doing laundry on board was a huge negative... Laundromat every 7 - 10 or 12 days; get in & out in about 2 hrs and no hint of laundry until next time. Yes, it costs more, but is a ton more convenient and hassle free.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
We try to avoid laundering in resort areas or in fancy RV parks. We find the local laundromat in a small to medium size town a lot easier to deal with and usually cheaper. Load everything into as many machines as we need, run as many dryers as needed, and be on our way.

In our previous bigger RV, I have to admit we used the onboard w/d perhaps half a dozen times in 6 years.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We purposely customed ordered ours WITHOUT a washer/dryer. We didn't want to spend every day doing small loads and also we boondocked a lot - no hookups for 10 days.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
noplace2 wrote:
Dustytuu wrote:
Does not anyone have a washer and dryer on board?

You are joking, right? Right???

x2

Only the biggest of RVs have room for a W/D and they are in the smallest minority of RVs.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Dustytuu wrote:
Does not anyone have a washer and dryer on board?

You are joking, right? Right???
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
Does not anyone have a washer and dryer on board? We have in last 2 5th wheels we have had. Would not want to do without it.
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
lbrjet wrote:
We always bring several rolls of quarters when going on a long trip (like $100 worth). It has been anywhere from 2 to 5 bucks a load. As another poster said, it is what it is.

Thanks for this reply. I really had no idea where to start with the quarters. Think I'll follow your suggestion!

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I usually wash and then hang to dry (in the van if not in a laundry-friendly place). Sunny day = laundry day.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
We always bring several rolls of quarters when going on a long trip (like $100 worth). It has been anywhere from 2 to 5 bucks a load. As another poster said, it is what it is.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000