cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Bulb Replacement

bisaacs
Explorer
Explorer
If you have #921 lamps (very common) in the overhead "dome" lights in your trailer, you may be looking for LED replacements. I did a lot of searching to try and find an economical way to replace these with something of equal brightness.

This is what I came up with: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310702793338

I bought some and they are brighter than the incandescent lamps that came with the camper. I don't know how long this link will be good at ebay, but trust me, this is what you're looking for. The price is right!

And no, I'm not the guy selling them...
10 REPLIES 10

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
The 5630 LEDs can suck a surprising amount of amps, for an LED. Just be careful to not replace your 921 incandescent with a honking LED that sucks (almost) as much power.

I think, in my back of the napkin calcs, I came up with 11 or 12 5630 LEDs consuming the same amps as 921 bulb.

If you stick with the smaller, but dimmer 3528 LED, they consume a lot less.

http://heracolights.com/2014/03/10/3528-vs-5050-vs-5630-led-smd-diodes/

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced all of mine this spring with 48 SMD panels from here. No problems so far. And they are so much brighter that the incandecents. We are happy campers!!!
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just bought one to replace the pathetic light under the exhaust vent above the stove. They didn't have the 921 replacement I was looking for, but they did have a 912, which was cheaper anyhow. So far, it works great. They're both T-5 connections so I don't see why they wouldn't be interchangeable.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
tenbear wrote:
Be aware these are called "White" in the ad, color temperature is 6000 K. Many people prefer warm white, the color of incandescent bulbs.

Myself.. I like cool white,, the color of white.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone considering LED replacement just buy a couple from a vendor on ebay and try them. You will then know what type/size to use for the rest of them.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too late ....switched out bout 20 lights to LED bulbs bout 5 yrs ago in our old TT and carried em over to our new rig. So far so good, not a single problem with any of em yet
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker 😉

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
bisaacs wrote:
Yes, they are a very cold white color when compared with the incandescent originals. I do a lot of boondocking and need the low power consumption of the LEDs.

Way too cold and unnecessarily expensive. I've been running 16 of these 921 LED bulbs from this offshore vendor for over a year now - rated at 300 lumens they're nice and bright, at 3200 Kelvin are still warm but lighter in colour than an incandescent bulb running at 2600 Kelvin, don't cause RFI interference with the radio, and draw ~ 1/6th the power of a incandescent. I've had no issues at all with any of them and would recommend them to anyone.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

bisaacs
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, they are a very cold white color when compared with the incandescent originals. I do a lot of boondocking and need the low power consumption of the LEDs.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
These are on ebay all the time. I bought 15 48 led flat panel 920s 2 years ago. I paid $23 for them. Only one has a couple of burned out LEDs. Otherwise they are excellent.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware these are called "White" in the ad, color temperature is 6000 K. Many people prefer warm white, the color of incandescent bulbs.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory