cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for TPMS Recommendation

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
My primary concern is my two axle toy hauler. Would like to stay under $300. I am thinking a monitor versus smart phone app. If it did both that would be OK>
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
16 REPLIES 16

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
eldel wrote:
Has anyone got any opinions on the Tuson system? I like the idea of the internal sensors - no dirt/water to cause issues and no extra weight on the end of the valve stems.

The tire stem sensors are sealed to prevent dirt/water intrusion, and at ~1/2 oz per cap sensor (TST 507), the weight on the end of the stems doesn't cause any problems. TST does recommend metal valve stems though. My ten TST 507 cap sensors have been in constant service for about 8 years now, without a single failure.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got and installed the TST 507 with all the great recommendations.

I still plan to do tire pre-check like lug nut torque and running my hand around the tires but checking the air pressure will be left up to the TST (once I gain confidence in the system)

From what I have read most tire failures come from slow or rapid air loss. This can't be prevented by a TPMS system but A TPMS system can alert the driver of a unknown deflated tire which could prevent damage or keep it to a minimum.

Thanks for the input
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

eldel
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone got any opinions on the Tuson system? I like the idea of the internal sensors - no dirt/water to cause issues and no extra weight on the end of the valve stems.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
DS Canuck wrote:
I wonder if having a TPMS causes fewer physical inspections of the tires? Are we becoming too dependent on electronics .
Tires blow out without any warning and while properly inflated.
I believe that it is more important to physically inspect my tires checking for bulges and scuff marks as well as pressure and loose lug nuts. Done as a part of each Pretrip checklist before setting off each day . The old school thumping of the tires with a club or hammer tells a lot about finding signs of trouble before anything serious develops particularly if you have duallies.

Just saying !

Itโ€™s more for when driving. At fuel stops I still do a walk around.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DS_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if having a TPMS causes fewer physical inspections of the tires? Are we becoming too dependent on electronics .
Tires blow out without any warning and while properly inflated.
I believe that it is more important to physically inspect my tires checking for bulges and scuff marks as well as pressure and loose lug nuts. Done as a part of each Pretrip checklist before setting off each day . The old school thumping of the tires with a club or hammer tells a lot about finding signs of trouble before anything serious develops particularly if you have duallies.

Just saying !

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
TST 507 for me for over 10 years. Pressure Pro has a big following too and works fine.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a TST on my travel trailer. LOVED IT

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
TST since 2008. Very happy. Great customer service and willing to help when you call with a question.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Campforever
Explorer
Explorer
Have been using Pressure Pro since 2002 and it is wonderful. Batteries last about 4 years. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.
Randy, Retired and Loving it...
Chevy Dually 3500 Duramax 2015
3910 Montana (2015) Three Slides

5 slides

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
Another vote for a TST 507 as well. Works well enough that I can even monitor the system from inside the house and know when I need to air up instead of finding out going down the road like some systems that need to be turning before they wake up. Three years and no issues. I use the pass thru sensors on all metal stems.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
The TST507 as well here.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been using TST since 2011. If it died today, I would get the same.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dodge guy wrote:
Go with the TST507 system. Works great,

X2 . . I just installed my new TST 507 and really like it.... It's a hair over $300 but comes with a signal booster as well for those who need it.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go with the TST507 system. Works great,
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!