cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxxair covers and Fantastic fans

burnmark
Explorer
Explorer
Can you combine a fantastic fan with a "normal" Maxxair type cover? Will that cover block too much air movement? I already have the cover and don't want to remove it for one of the powered ones.

m
2006 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 5.9 Cummins - Pacbrake - Smarty Jr
2011 Mesa Ridge
17 REPLIES 17

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
I have never had much luck using a cover over the Fantastic Fan! They always seem to trap way too much moisture and Drip!

This is a issue that I have never encountered or ever heard about, I wonder how the moisture could be traped and collect in thereโ€ฆ

The one thing I do is to remove the screen that covers the rear openingโ€ฆ that is the only thing that restricts air movementโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Another plus for the Ultrabreeze by Fantastic Fan is that it has four quick release pins so you can easily/quickly pull the cover off and clean.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had much luck using a cover over the Fantastic Fan! They always seem to trap way too much moisture and Drip!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
dakonthemountain wrote:
wbwood wrote:
When we had our fantastic fans installed, we had them install the Ultrabreeze covers from Fantastic Vent. Here's a video showing a fantastic fan with different vent covers over them...

Thanks for posting that. It demonstrates the reason why I use the Ultrabreeze cover. Yes, you can use others, and I have in the past, but they do restrict airflow.

Dak

I always get a kick out of that video. They tested every MaxxAir vent plus others except the Fan/Mate Which was their recommended cover before they came out with theirs.:B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
When we had our fantastic fans installed, we had them install the Ultrabreeze covers from Fantastic Vent. Here's a video showing a fantastic fan with different vent covers over them...

Thanks for posting that. It demonstrates the reason why I use the Ultrabreeze cover. Yes, you can use others, and I have in the past, but they do restrict airflow.

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Yes and they work greatโ€ฆ no the vent cover doesnโ€™t fully open but it doesnโ€™t need toโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Greydennyhawk wrote:
I have one also on the Greyhawk, but like many other options that we all add, why doesn't the manufacturer put these things on?
M O N E Y.....
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
I have one also on the Greyhawk, but like many other options that we all add, why doesn't the manufacturer put these things on?
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Max Air II is the preferred Max Air for the Fantastic Fan.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have three FF vents and I purchased 3 FF covers. Unfortunately, my front vent is located very close to my 360 OTA antenna and the FF cover would not fit. Returned that for a refund.

Recently, at the FMCA rally, I purchased a Maxair standard vent because it actually slanted back a little so I knew it would clear the 360 OTA antenna.

Once back at the park, I went to install the cover and found that my FF vents flanges were made such that the Maxair mounting brackets would not mount as described in the instructions. I had to go inside and remove the interior valance and lower the fan down hanging by its wires. At that point, I could put the retaining lock washer and nut (for the mounting screw) on the inside of the vent's flange. Reinstalled the fan and valance on the inside and mounted the cover on the outside and then everything worked fine.

So, you need to make sure that the mounting brackets supplied by Maxair will indeed work on your FF's exterior flange.

Hope this helps

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Tango__AE7UI
Explorer
Explorer
We are also "one of the others."
I have the Maxair covers on both Fantastic Fans in both the bedroom and kitchen of our fifth with no issues and great results.
2007 Tango 2660RKS Fifth Wheel, 2006 Chevy D/A 3500 with service body,

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Yes, works just fine. I have done this for years as many others have.
I'm one of the others
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
burnmark wrote:
Can you combine a fantastic fan with a "normal" Maxxair type cover? Will that cover block too much air movement? I already have the cover and don't want to remove it for one of the powered ones.

m
Yes you can use one of the "normal" Maxxair covers with a Fantastic fan. The only caveat is that the cover will not open fully with the regular Maxxair. I just watch to make sure that the front lip of the cover goes up enough to expose the full front vent of the Maxxair cover. With the one specifically designed for the Fantastic fan you can fully deploy the fan cover. The new Maxxair II will also work with the Fantastic fan.

I had the cover specifically designed for the Fantastic fan on a previous TT. On this new OR one of the "normal" Maxxair covers was factory installed with the Fantastic fan in the bathroom. I had a second fan added to the kitchen at the factory and the dealer installed a Maxxair II over the kitchen fan. I use the one in the bath the most and it seems to operate just fine. The Maxxair II gives you more front vent area.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins