cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old fashion woman bike for my wife

VAfan
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for an “old fashion woman bike” for my wife. She has a 21 speed I bought her a while back but she seems to be happy with the single speed coaster brake model she grew up with.

Looking for the relatively light models…not the hulking steel...and not expensive. No cover when raining and she will join me on a morning beach ride 🙂

Wal-Mart has lots choices but I thought I would tap into the RV.net resource.
13 REPLIES 13

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
I bought one for my mom a mothers day or two ago. You can go to a good bike shop, buy what you are looking for, but brand new with all todays technology. Your wife gets what she wants, and yet it rides like a dream.

My mom never rode hers........
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
My dad gave me his Canondale bike when he went electric. It is a $500 bike. SAMs had Schwins, I believe they are affiliated with Canondale, $180. Same derailers, looks the same all over except for quick detachable wheels and seat. Walmart has a real good selection that I wouldn't be ashamed to own, most under two hundred bucks.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

kgragert
Explorer
Explorer
"Looking for an “old fashion woman bike” for my wife. She has a 21 speed I bought her a while back but she seems to be happy with the single speed coaster brake model she grew up with.

Looking for the relatively light models…not the hulking steel...and not expensive. No cover when raining and she will join me on a morning beach ride

Wal-Mart has lots choices but I thought I would tap into the RV.net resource."

You have a smart wife.
For the situation you're describing nothing beats an old fashion cruiser.
In my neighborhood all the people riding the cruisers ride in groups while talking to each other,and stop to visit neighbors.
The multi speeds shoot past with the riders spaced out one behind the other.

Cruisers are just a more relaxed way to ride.

Walmart for Chinese bikes, they had a huge bike industry until they went Capitalist, and now sell to the rest of the world.

Of the 5 bikes in my garage, 2 came from garage/yard sales, the other 3 from the Salvation Army thrift store.
Cheap and easily replaceable if stolen.
I thought when I retired my Hobby would be RVing.
I was wrong, my Hobby apparently is Finding and stopping leaks.

ronfisherman
Just bought myself a Comfort/Hybrid style bike. While it was not a cheap bike. It sure is easier to ride than any other style bike I have tried. Take your wife to a Bike Shop that has all the bikes in stock and try them out. I went to Performance Bike.
Diamondback Hybrid.
Prices are much better than posted on their site, on Amazon.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
This thread reminded me of an old story.

Jim: "I just got a new truck for my wife."
Bob: "That sounds like a pretty good trade."

😉
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I really like my Trek Pure comfort bike. The upright sitting position and feet-forward crank location make biking truly comfortable, and the Trek glides easily thanks to low friction in the quality wheel bearings.
Trek Pure
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

nomad_289
Explorer
Explorer

Specialized makes great bikes.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We bought two chains about 30 years ago,15 speeds. My wife road it for years and then at something over 70 she quit when the doc said she had patient's disease. Now she wants to get one of those at Wal-Mart. Will I be able to lift it?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Used, definitely. But maybe not the Tiffany :).

I once borrowed an old English 3-speed when my bike was in the shop. Upright sitting position, snappy handling, very comfortable! You don't have to use all 3 speeds :).
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
How much do you really love your wife...:@

How about this "Old fashioned woman bike?"
It's an antique Tiffany.
$70,000.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
About 40 years ago I bought my wife a 5 speed bike Schwinn that I thought she could handle, she rode it about 100 yards, and refused to ride it again. Recently, I broke down and got her a Wal-Mart light weight cruiser, and she loves it. Rides it all around when we are camping.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
My DW got one at Wal-Mart. She loves it.
They also have them in aluminium, or at least did.
If you can't find a decent used bike, check Wally World again.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I've gotten some great bikes from our local thrift store for $25 or less. They need a little service, but for the price, can't be beat. And no one wants to steal 'em either!